The old trade road area?

This is the forum to discuss events on the East server.
Dave blythscum_ns3
Pk Bait

The old trade road area?

Post by Dave blythscum_ns3 »

Don't want to complain, but does any one know if the old trade road area will ever get anything done to it, or if it will ever get finished, it just seems like a bit of a waste of an area. I do understand that the tech people are working on ns4 but it just seems a shame to leave this bit of the world unfinished.
"stand still son and put this apple on your head, now where did i put that crossbow and blindfold?" William Tell the disastrous and short lived come back tour.

cryodog2_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by cryodog2_ns3 »

we are working on revamping areas constantly. will we get to old trade route? eventually just be patient

NS 3.5 DM

Dr_Fangorn_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Dr_Fangorn_ns3 »

LMAO

It makes me chuckle when I read posts like this...after everything that has been revamped in the past 7 months, there's always the odd post saying, "well, what about THIS?"

Pros and I are pretty tired after all the renovations made over the fall and winter. A lot of time, effort, and testing went into all the updates...just peek at the Tweaks and Mod Updates forum and look at the thread at the top to see all that was done.

The area off of the Old Trade Route and the Perian Hills Tower are the two big unfinished things on my list of To Do's for the mod. However, with the summer here, and NWN 2 coming in the fall, your dev teams from NS 3.5 and 4 are teaming up and working on laying down something special for Neversummer. Thus we'll have less time devoted to whipping up new things for NS 3.5. Keep your fingers crossed...we'll see what I can whip up over the summer.

~CN~ETH0S_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by ~CN~ETH0S_ns3 »

ya, true Fang, very true. I can't believe the stuff you guys have added. I play all the time, and i'm always finding somehting new to play with. Thanks for the hard work guys, its really primo!
AKA:
ETH0S
(CN)Kahlah Bloodstar
[CN]Kahlah Whitestar
~CN~ L0G0S

Dave blythscum_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by Dave blythscum_ns3 »

Didnt want to sound ungrateful i do understand the pressures you guys are under, i was just after an update. keep up the good work and like every one else i cant wait to see what you do with the new never winter.
"stand still son and put this apple on your head, now where did i put that crossbow and blindfold?" William Tell the disastrous and short lived come back tour.

Dr_Fangorn_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Dr_Fangorn_ns3 »

I'm sure theres lots in the updates we've added that you've not seen yet...

Found The Sword of Truth?
Killed a Cortequadx?
Had some fun with Felix?
Grabbed a Heart of the Forest, along with a direwolf?
Spoken to Naugrim?

Just to name a few things to do?

Yeti_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by Yeti_ns3 »

i've been around quite a while and even i haven't done half of the things on that list...

who is felix??
"What was once rebellion is now clearly just a social sect But are you just upset because your own social clique has left Leave when you want because I know that someday I will too But I wont burn my bridges and be just another jaded fool"

Dr_Fangorn_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Dr_Fangorn_ns3 »

LOL So much good stuff has been added that people don't know about, since they're just so locked into their same rote pattern of "make new toon, gear up off a mule, level to 40, then repeat..."

Just to summarize all the areas that have been completely revised or added since October 2005:

Neversummer: Sewers
Tul'Gik's Cave
Perian Hills
Falme
Buccaneer's Den
D'hara
Melencia
Enchanted Forest
Giant Mountain & surrounding area
Undermountain & Mithril Mines area
Elemental Planes
Elemental Shrine
Halls of the Dead (Lich King)
Twilight
Starfall Mountain

Off the top of my head, thats ~86 completely new and revised maps...and I'm lowballing that number...

YelloweFriday_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by YelloweFriday_ns3 »

Dr_Fangorn wrote:I'm sure theres lots in the updates we've added that you've not seen yet...

Grabbed a Heart of the Forest, along with a direwolf?

I have a Heart of the Forest, but I never saw anythign about a dire wolf :(
+ + + + Characters + + + +

NORTH
Tiath
Mirs

~CN~ETH0S_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by ~CN~ETH0S_ns3 »

Hrmm, a dire wolf? Must have missed that one.
AKA:
ETH0S
(CN)Kahlah Bloodstar
[CN]Kahlah Whitestar
~CN~ L0G0S

Dr_Fangorn_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Dr_Fangorn_ns3 »

And I never see anyone using my fireball slinging bastardsword either.... :(
Last edited by Dr_Fangorn on Tue May 30, 2006 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

REV JOHNNY LOVEJOY_ns3
Relic Raider

Post by REV JOHNNY LOVEJOY_ns3 »

Then you haven't been to the West and played along side Spork. He likes the [censored] ummm I mean sword lol Nice whip affect Dr Fanghorn.

DM Cipher_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by DM Cipher_ns3 »

Hmmm....now i have to find one. I have a BS weilding WM that would have fun with it.

Yeti_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by Yeti_ns3 »

only sword i've seen that also shoots a fireball is from undermountain king...
"What was once rebellion is now clearly just a social sect But are you just upset because your own social clique has left Leave when you want because I know that someday I will too But I wont burn my bridges and be just another jaded fool"

DrakhanValane_ns3
Arrogant Snob

Post by DrakhanValane_ns3 »

[censored] Swords are ugly and are therefore never used by any of my characters.
"Some people might say love merely has a learning disorder, but no. Love is just stupid. After all, millions of angst-ridden teen poems can't possibly be wrong." -- R.K.Milholland

All Hail the Mighty Pettsson!

"So cheap and juicy!"

Return to “Neversummer3.5 East”