Starting Bard Weapon, Grumm MkII and Grumm's 10milGP loss.

This is the forum to discuss events on the East server.
ApacheLQ_ns3
Noob

Starting Bard Weapon, Grumm MkII and Grumm's 10milGP loss.

Post by ApacheLQ_ns3 »

Starting Bard Weapon:

I've started a Bard, what's a good starting weapon for a Bard on the server, for Druids there's the Nature's Strike/Undersea Staff, for Pals there's the Holy Avenger etc etc etc. Is there a low level powerful weapon for Bards? People I've asked have said to use a rapier but bard's aren't inherently proficient with rapiers.

Grumm MkII:

He's now up and running, at level 12 now with just a shade off 300hp, set to reach lvl 40 with about 1200 - 1300 hps. With a decent Bard Song he'l hit 1600 easily. I've labeled him "Mini-Grumm" though as he is my ubermunchkinn CON build, so I went with Dwarf for his race. Grumm Mk III might be a bit different, not sure what I'm gonna do with him though.

Grumm's 10milGP loss:

Never play NS drunk! For ages I couldn't talk to Sabar and whenI finally managed to track down what I needed to drop to talk to him I came across a room in the caverns with a very inviting chest. I'd been warned to get a rogue to help but I was drunk and had to experiment. I found the Bead Of Force Trap rather amusing and was enoying being transported across the room many many many many times. I finally stopped after setting off the trap about 100 times and decided to port to EC to meet up with a group, open my inventory and almost feint. 300 Heals, 250 Res, NS Set, G1 set, 15 Magic Bags full of stuff for my other toons, various rings/general stuff, ALL my runes, pheonix etc. everything, gone. About 10mil worth altogether. Damn me, damn me to Death's End.

p.s. Donations would be greatly appreciated and shout outs to Trecher for restocking my heals! Thanks man, I owe you.
Quote Of The Year:

DM Xero wrote:
Dragonshape's also got a nifty "On Shift: Make Fang Cry" effect that's quite nice. :lol:

jwiwchar_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by jwiwchar_ns3 »

There's a nice bard dagger that you can use from level 1.
Won't say where on the forums, but if you see me in-game I'd be more than happy to point you in the right direction.
"we sit in a limbo where the decent man has a variety of things to vote against, but nothing to vote for"
- Hunter S. Thompson

Anonymous_ns3

Post by Anonymous_ns3 »

Ahhh Grumm.. that same thing happened to me at Sabars.. I lost my triton, runes, magic bags, gloves, 6 rings, and other things.. I feel your pain..

Kamala..

wise2727_ns3
Looking for group

Post by wise2727_ns3 »

i know its not terribly realistic, but a rapier of the summoner is nice. no matter what class as long as you take something to give you prficiencies with it...

p.s. glowing chests scare me. :)

Kell Of Neversummer_ns3
Wiki Editor

Post by Kell Of Neversummer_ns3 »

A bard is proficient with simple weapons, so I start with a bandit dagger. For later, I always depend on a cross class to determine what weapon I am going to specialize in.

Your servant,
Your servant,
Kell, Retired Senior Councilor of †GoN†

"We have met the enemy and he is us"

kingubu_ns3
Noob

Post by kingubu_ns3 »

My bard is an elf. So he gets the elf weapons for free: Longsword, rapier, longbow, shortbow. Really the only weapons he ever used.

wise2727_ns3
Looking for group

Post by wise2727_ns3 »

I am probably one of the strongest supporters of rapiers you will come across :) Rapier of the summoner until 25, then blue triton rapier is the weapon of choice for ALL my charactors :)

Hex-kalibur_ns3
Looking for group

Post by Hex-kalibur_ns3 »

one thing to say gruum mate..

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL

REV JOHNNY LOVEJOY_ns3
Relic Raider

Post by REV JOHNNY LOVEJOY_ns3 »

You might want to check out the mithral rapier.
very nice and has vorpal dc 24 puts the summoner to shame I think.
Its a newer drop and I started a new toon with it fantastic. Drops the giants will one hit lol .Got to love vorpal.

Razarr69_ns3
Looking for group

Post by Razarr69_ns3 »

That stealth dagger (vorpal 24 as well and about 9d6 in other damages) isn't bad either, oh you said bard. Gnoll tooth maybe?

Return to “Neversummer3.5 East”