End of Dwarf City

This is the forum to discuss events on the East server.
Gruesome Wolf_ns3
Noob

End of Dwarf City

Post by Gruesome Wolf_ns3 »

Hello,

My party and I finally managed to get past Tagnus in the dwarven city. We killed all dwarves we found in every room and finally reached a room with a portal that had only a few dwarven bodyguards in it. When we went through the portal it brought us back to the start of the dwarven city.

Is that really the end? Is there a secret door we missed for a climactic final battle or anything? It just seemed anti-climactic to fight a few bodyguards after the bloodbaths and multiple resurrections of previsou encounters.(Like Tagnus the wizard... Timestop, then Great ruin is very unfriendly.)

Did we miss something? Any help would be appreciated.

DM Cipher_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by DM Cipher_ns3 »

You did it bub, that was the end,

Anonymous_ns3

Dwarven City

Post by Anonymous_ns3 »

I agree with gruesome wolf, however to be fair, I dont think that this part of the adventure was meant to an epic quest. The great thing about this part of NS is that if you need some great starter gear for new builds, you take your 40 into here, and clean up. You can get all the necessary starter gear for a variety of builds here, so you can take your character strait to the smuts and start levelling. Other than that you start in the sewers, which i find a little bit of a pain. (despite the fact there are some kewl boots and an ammy in there).

I would like to see more depth to the Dwarven city, maybe further areas, etc. but I think it fulfills its purpose greatly. DM White is currently doing something special with mages that may make you want to revisit the Dwarven City, specifially in relation to that damn elusive Lagnars Armor that rarely drops. I killed him about 10 times the other day, and never did see it drop, and tags only dropped once. It was fun though, revisiting the city and looking around.

The purpose of the dwarven mines escapes me somewhat though.

Cheers!

DM Xero_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by DM Xero_ns3 »

Dorfs was made for a group of 20-30's without twinked gear to do. Of course if you go in at 40 with NS gear you're going to clean up, that wasn't the intention of the area when it was made.

Try it sometime at 20-30 with sunken gear, and you'll find things are a little more... interesting.
If I can tranq out just one freak on stilts, I know I've done my job. - Chief Wiggum

DrakhanValane_ns3
Arrogant Snob

Post by DrakhanValane_ns3 »

Dwarves! They're Dwarves! Not Dorfs: Dwarves!

Xero is right about one thing, though. Take a group of 4-6 level 20s in Pre-EC gear. It's fun!
"Some people might say love merely has a learning disorder, but no. Love is just stupid. After all, millions of angst-ridden teen poems can't possibly be wrong." -- R.K.Milholland

All Hail the Mighty Pettsson!

"So cheap and juicy!"

_Grey_Ghost_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by _Grey_Ghost_ns3 »

The Dwarves are a blast at level 18 to 20 with a group of four or 5 toons. It is a challange if you haven't twinked your toon out. Great way to have some laughs with your party and test those toons pre-20.

If you go in after 20 with EC gear it's simply a place to level and loot solo for the most part.

Twink a level 23 toon with all NS gear and then go solo it. It's night and day.

Anonymous_ns3

Post by Anonymous_ns3 »

I don't mean to say that I don't like it. Quite the opposite, I hate dwarves as a race because of how fun, challenging and deadly it has been. I just thought it was strange how we went through some enormous battles with our high-20 level characters 1 of which might have an item others would consider "high level" and after the biggest battles, we find 2 little rooms with comparatively easy fights and then we are done.

We just figured we'd be portaling to a throne room or something is what it "felt" like would happen and that we'd be in the biggest fight of all.

Considering what a pain in the [censored] it is to trek all the way there... :wink:

_Grey_Ghost_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by _Grey_Ghost_ns3 »

A bad pull when fighting Tagnar will wipe a 20 and under party just as fast if not faster than Tagnus. :)

The area is a lot more fun when you have a cleric and a couple of STR fighters with a reflex under 26... lol Those red hat's love to vorpal.

It's a bore after 20 with a group really. It was never intended for that. It's really the one area on the server after epic levels came along that was not tweaked. Them and the Gnolls have basically remained the same. With the exception of ole' Tagnus Greater Ruining and Hellballing you. :)

Speaking of that. Tagnus kills himself everytime he hellballs just about. Maybe the dev's could but a Sonic Immunity ring on him. ;)

DM Xero_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by DM Xero_ns3 »

after the biggest battles, we find 2 little rooms with comparatively easy fights and then we are done.

Nah, Tagnar and his mage buddy are the final boss fight. Those other guards are probably just the wusses that ran off into other rooms to hide when they heard you slaughtering their bosses.

Wussy dorfs... :lol:
If I can tranq out just one freak on stilts, I know I've done my job. - Chief Wiggum

Return to “Neversummer3.5 East”