new cloaks

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
dbosity_ns3
Wheres the donation box?

new cloaks

Post by dbosity_ns3 »

I'm not entirely sure this post is in the right spot because this is a question followed by an idea or suggestion. It depends on the answer to my question I guess. :D The recent cloaks added to NWN are great, but they cover up the wings on RDD's. Is there a command where I can wear a cloak and turn off the cloak animation so I can see the wings instead? If there isn't, can it be created? I havn't seen this mentioned anywhere else yet and was wondering what everyone else thinks about it. After all, one of the nice features of being an RDD are the wings.

SARDEN, ET AL. GRAND ANGEL OF ‡ HA ‡

Annys_ns3
Noob

Post by Annys_ns3 »

I like the cloaks on a couple of toons but on many of them they destroy the look of my crafted armours which cost many millions of gp to craft. I to would love the option to have them not shown but not sure if that is possible or not.

Pros_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Pros_ns3 »

We are testing the override file now to allow wings to appear through the cloaks. We may even be able to turn off cloak visuals for a certain type of cloak but that needs more testing.

Warnic05_ns3
Noob

Post by Warnic05_ns3 »

Yeah cloaks arn't very nice, i found a mod so you can put it into the overide directory for the time being till its fixed, which gets rid of the cloaks http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Ha ... il&id=6934 just follow that for it if you hate them like me, then you cant see any cloaks.

hiro_ns3
Wheres the donation box?

Post by hiro_ns3 »

i personally love the cloaks, they are something i have long wished for. i have been having great fun with the whole bit.

please leave some option to HAVE them visible if we so wish.

please?

:D :D :wink:

hiro
The difference between you and I, sir, is that when the evidence changes, so does my opinion.

Pros_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Pros_ns3 »

Best I can tell at the moment is that the player needs to put the cloakmodel.2da file into their override folder. I have it on the test server and it seems to only work if its on the client side. Here's what I have been testing with and it appears to work fine. Wings and cloaks together are a little odd looking though.

Code: Select all

2DA V2.0 

LABEL         MODEL   TEXTURE   ICON   HIDEWING  HIDETAIL  HIDESHOL  HIDESHOR  ENVMAP       
0     ****          0       0         0      0         0         0         0         ****
1     Plain         1       1         1      0         0         0         0         default
2     Arcane        1       10        2      0         0         0         0         default   
3     GreatCloak    2       2         3      0         0         0         0         default
4     FineGreatCl   2       13        4      0         0         0         0         default
5     Hooded        3       3         5      0         0         0         0         default
6     Fancy         4       4         6      0         0         0         0         default
7     Elegant       4       11        7      0         0         0         0         default
8     Elvan         4       12        8      0         0         0         0         default
9     Wizard        5       5         9      0         0         0         0         default
10    Jeweled       7       14        10     0         0         0         0         default
11    Blackgd_Cyric 6       6         11     0         0         0         0         default
12    Paladin_Helm  6       7         12     0         0         0         0         default
13    Champion_Torm 6       8         13     0         0         0         0         default
14    DragonKnight  6       9         14     0         0         0         0         default

You can find that file in your source folder. Just copy it to the override folder and make it look like the above. Be careful not to mess up the file's data alignment.

Warnic05_ns3
Noob

Post by Warnic05_ns3 »

Oh look theres pros showing off his skills again :P lol i didnt know you could do that with the file

DM Iris_ns3
Relic Raider

Post by DM Iris_ns3 »

Shesh.. he is not awesome for no reason ;)

*note* If you dont know how to open a 2da file extension.

- Open Notepad located in Programs/Accessories.
- Go to File/Open and browse for the Override folder located in the NWN Folder.
- Delete whats in there and copy and paste the information in the same way Pros has it on the code screen.
- If it looks wavy (table wise it wont show aligned) dont be anal.. its supposed to be that way.

I did it and it looks great! :)

puke_dud_ns3
Spamalot

Post by puke_dud_ns3 »

The cloaks are cool, i think. Haven't messed with the RDD build yet to see how bad it looks.

Still waiting on customizable helms tho. That would be uber.
puke

Midwest only!
- Tossin McCookies 40
- Tossin DeBeers 40
- Tossin Pious 40
- Tossin Blender II 40
- Tossin Acastor 40
- Tossin Blenderizer 40
- Tossin Governator 40

Yeti_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by Yeti_ns3 »

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Ha ... il&id=6938

this lets u have the wings, tails, and the cloaks all at the same time :D
"What was once rebellion is now clearly just a social sect But are you just upset because your own social clique has left Leave when you want because I know that someday I will too But I wont burn my bridges and be just another jaded fool"

hiro_ns3
Wheres the donation box?

Post by hiro_ns3 »

2 bad its a hak

hiro
The difference between you and I, sir, is that when the evidence changes, so does my opinion.

Yeti_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by Yeti_ns3 »

add it to yours and it will show up for you i think...?
"What was once rebellion is now clearly just a social sect But are you just upset because your own social clique has left Leave when you want because I know that someday I will too But I wont burn my bridges and be just another jaded fool"

DM Iris_ns3
Relic Raider

Post by DM Iris_ns3 »

Its the same as Portrait Packs and Voice Sets, you install it, you see it/hear it, nobody else does unless they have it installed as well.. so its your choice whether you want to treat yourself to it or not :)

Yeti_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by Yeti_ns3 »

they really do not look cool but for those who love the wings.

Asylvan_ns3
Noob

Post by Asylvan_ns3 »

Perhaps instead of trying to turn them off serverwide just create an invisible one of the NS version...which you can trade your NS cloak in on...perhaps also make other graphic styles(the old dragon vrs is a favorite I think demented warrior cloaks look pretty cool also) to trade the NS vrs in on, same NS cloak with differnt looks could be another money sink or even be something else to do with all those xifu shards trade old cloak and shard for a new look...Dunno if its possible but it'd give people the ability to personalize thier look in reguards to cloaks and those that dont want to see them wouldnt have to, atleast not on thier own toon, no hacking or 2da figuring for those of us afraid to mess with things like that :)

Return to “NS3.5 Ideas and Suggestions”