High Level Drops

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Numbskull_ns3
Noob

Post by Numbskull_ns3 »

No you don't get it, there are rare drops that make them worth killing in dwp, just nobody bothers to kill them to find that out

Dr_Fangorn_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Dr_Fangorn_ns3 »

Zealot, if you haven't noticed, Pros and I have been very active in renovating NS3.5 and keeping things fresh. Perhaps you should take Numbskull's suggestion and stop, smell the DwP roses, and see what drops if you actually take the time to kill everything. You never know what your friendly neighborhood devs have quietly added to the mod.

Zealot_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by Zealot_ns3 »

Dr_Fangorn wrote:Zealot, if you haven't noticed, Pros and I have been very active in renovating NS3.5 and keeping things fresh. Perhaps you should take Numbskull's suggestion and stop, smell the DwP roses, and see what drops if you actually take the time to kill everything. You never know what your friendly neighborhood devs have quietly added to the mod.

I sure will, I noitced it more on the lower end. I created a new char just to explore the new zones. And some of the new items are arel really cool. I round a Water Rune yesterday. And some of the newer armour drops are awesome of the low to mid level!

And this wasn't a compliant at all...and I still feel very miss understood. In no way was I implying that Pros and you have been Slacking or that things where stale. That simply isn't true. And I really wasn't even talking about the DwP. For instance on the way to get the NS amulet you run into Pirates, they drop a sweet scimatar for Druids. But once in the Crystal Castal <atlest the time I was there> Only the Boss drop anything of note. On the Way to EC the Minotuars don't drop their cool looking axes. But i'll keep my looting fingers open and I'll report back the new stuff I find.

#Zealot# "When an idea sounds like a complaint it's time to shut your pie hole."

Jabronius_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by Jabronius_ns3 »

Not to sound like a kiss-up, but there's some really good stuff in the renovated areas. I took a higher level toon into Melencia recently, sold some of the loot I gathered and dumped the rest in the donation box. I never saw the DB empty so fast after I let people know about the "imported goods" in it.
The other posters have good points, though. There are certain areas where it's better to farm for XP and others where there's good loot. My personal play style is to minimize risk and maximize reward. I wouldn't attempt a difficult area if there were only a small chance of obtaining a nice item, for example, but that's just me.
Again, kudos to the development team for keeping NS fresh :)

:: Edit:: One reason people may bypass areas on the way to another goal, the NS amulet for example, is just to save time. A full trip through the DWP or an EC run takes about two hours, so it's sometimes necessary to skip areas out of consideration for your friends' schedules. Just my $1/50.

DM Xero_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by DM Xero_ns3 »

Zealot wrote:On the Way to EC the Minotuars don't drop their cool looking axes.

You might want to try killing some more of them...

Zealot_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by Zealot_ns3 »

DM Xero wrote:
Zealot wrote:On the Way to EC the Minotuars don't drop their cool looking axes.

You might want to try killing some more of them...

Since this this post i have killed well over 100 of these Minotaurs in the cave on the way to EC and have yet to see one cool looking Axe that they wield.

Wild goose chase or one in 1000?

But then I am always up to the challange... The new areas rock!
Thanks all!

Zealot "Sometime what we have is enough."

DM Xero_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by DM Xero_ns3 »

Wow, either you've got terrible luck, or I'm losing my mind.

Both are equally possible :wink:

hiro_ns3
Wheres the donation box?

Post by hiro_ns3 »

we had the mino's axe drop on the last EC run i made on MW...we just killed em cuz we could, not looking for a drop...and noticed the drop because we werent too proud to loot every flippin corpse of everything it dropped =P you must have terrible luck.

but then that same run, we only got 1 ammy to drop at the Falchion Lord in 6 tries.

i suppose "statistics" is short for "it all evens out if you look at it long term"

laotzo
The difference between you and I, sir, is that when the evidence changes, so does my opinion.

lougha_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by lougha_ns3 »

Long term indeed in many cases. "Statistics is that science which says if I throw a rock at the moon enough times, I will eventually hit it." I forgot who said that but it has stuck with me. Another frustrating one for me has been the galantry/valor ring drops in demented. I'm on 11 - 2 in favor of galantry since wipe. grumble grumble... :wink:

puke_dud_ns3
Spamalot

Post by puke_dud_ns3 »

Yes, I've also noticed Valor's dropping a whole lot less than Galantry. And, by a whole lot less, I mean, I haven't seen Valor for the 6+ Galantries I've seen.
puke

Midwest only!
- Tossin McCookies 40
- Tossin DeBeers 40
- Tossin Pious 40
- Tossin Blender II 40
- Tossin Acastor 40
- Tossin Blenderizer 40
- Tossin Governator 40

paco_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by paco_ns3 »

which server are you guys having gallantry drop more than valor? i havent done the "ring thing" in a few weeks, but i think i got about 8 or 9 valors in a row. no gallantry. out of my almost 50 toons (all but 3 on mw i believe) i greatly cherish my 2 gallantrys. 8)

lougha_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by lougha_ns3 »

All mine on on MW. That's strange... I've heard this subject has been up before, and the consensus was that Pros and Fang assured the populus that they were 50/50... something I believe. That's just a part of the statistics game. Anything becomes possible, however unlikely.

Jerick Kronos_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by Jerick Kronos_ns3 »

Try my method of finding rare stuff on video games pretend your not looking for it (By the way this works about .000001% of the time :D ). I'm probably the most unlucky person ever, I couldn't win a contest if I were the only person entered in it. But good luck finding the Mino's Axe Zealot. :D
This is the path I walk.

Beef Jerky_ns3
Noob

Post by Beef Jerky_ns3 »

I actually didnt know that there were rare drops in these areas. I mean yea arrow heads and things like that, but really never bothered to dig through it all. I now know better.

Little off subject but ,
I really like the books that have stories in them, Are they used for any type of suggestive quests. Like a tresure map type deal.

DM ex Machina_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by DM ex Machina_ns3 »

no, but I have a mule dedicated to books, gems, and eyeballs. once you've got the uber stuff, it's fun to collect the "useless" stuff. btw--thanks to fang for adding mobs that more reliably drop the useless stuff i collect. and i mean that entirely non-ironicly.

Return to “NS3.5 Ideas and Suggestions”