NS Armors

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
jwiwchar_ns3
Newbie Helper

NS Armors

Post by jwiwchar_ns3 »

With the prevalence of dex builds on NS, I was thinking it might be nice if all of the NS armors had the option of being robes (0 dex cap). That way you can get the armor that most suits your build without having to scrap your ac.

For example, casting cleric's being the flavour of the month, have two choices when it comes to NS armor. Most will have at least 1 monk level to take advantage of the wisdom ac. So, there's either the cleric armor or the monk armor. The monk armor lets you keep your ac, but you lose out on spell slots. The cleric armor gives you the spell slots, but at a huge cost to ac.

There's always the argument that it's just a choice you'll have to make (ac vs. spells) - but at the same time, what's wrong with having the best of both worlds?

This could be incorporated into some kind of quest (do something for an armor smith and he'll change your NS heavy armor into a robe), it could be something you have to shell out money for, or it could be a choice you make when you acquire the armor.

As it stands, there are some builds that don't really have any option as far as NS armor goes. For example, a dex-based Ftr/DD/WM has nothing available in NS armor. So at the very least I think it would be nice if the generic armor (rover robe?) was made truly generic and had the class restrictions removed.

Opinions?
"we sit in a limbo where the decent man has a variety of things to vote against, but nothing to vote for"
- Hunter S. Thompson

Forge_ns3
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Forge_ns3 »

I like it! All of it!

Return to “NS3.5 Ideas and Suggestions”