High Level Drops

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
tbarre_ns3
Noob

Post by tbarre_ns3 »

Thanks to this post I have been exploring some nooks and crannies around the server, thank you all for your suggestions.

Now concerning DWP I spent the better half of 6 hours just killing. No AA dropped :( and found the alter,,nifty,,,,and I found the hidden room, no drop there, Now my first thought was ooo that evil Dev Fang and his 5% percent drop, so I kept exploring and coming back. I can be succesful in saying that I fully explored DWP, but was disappointed to not get a drop in the secret room. I feel this would make a great place for something.

Now if anyone reads this and can confirm that there is a drop there, I would greatly appreciate it. If there is none well maybe a DEV can put something or some it there,,,*hint* *hint*

Again thanks for all the time and dedication of Devs, DMs and players of NS, for keeping a great mod alive and well.

TJ

tbarre_ns3
Noob

anyone?

Post by tbarre_ns3 »

Can someone post a reply to the secret room? and ideas or knowledge would be greatly appreciated

TJ

Turnip
Noob

Re: Shot Down and not even by a player....

Post by Turnip »

Zealot_ns3 wrote:Ok, It's obevious to me that it is pointless to post on the idea board, being my first and only post has been blaskored out of the water. Whatever, it was just a thought a silly one at that. I guess that what I get for being an ex-eqer.

I'll leave the ideas to the ones in the know.
Bah. Yah can't take the shooting down of an idea personal.

Look at *why* the idea was shot down, and modify it accordingly, or take that into account for the next suggestion.

Consider the problem of darts.

You can use darts with shields, and yet, (almost) nobody uses darts? Why?

Well, they're heavy. Solution - weight reduction and/or STR bonus.

They don't do much damage. Solution - have some epic darts: grant zen mastery feat, point-blank shot feat, weapon-focus feat, etc., on top of all the usual bonuses.

I assume (but haven't checked) that the energizer will refill a stack of darts. If not, it should. (Could a stack of darts be made self-refillable? That is, you have a stack of darts, and when wielded and you throw one, the number doesn't change, or will slowly creep up back to max...)

The point being ... never expect the first formulation of an idea to float. It'll sink. That's a given. If it doesn't need *some* tweaking, you've got a natural crit. But you don't roll a natural 20 every time. :)
-Turnip

Dr_Fangorn
Developer

Re: High Level Drops

Post by Dr_Fangorn »

Um, Turnip, the post you replied to is almost 4 years old. :P
----------
DM Fang
Co-Lead, NS 5
Developer, NS 3.5
Server Op, NS 3.5 North

Turnip
Noob

Re: High Level Drops

Post by Turnip »

Dr_Fangorn wrote:Um, Turnip, the post you replied to is almost 4 years old. :P
Yes. I'm nothing if not quixotic. ;-P

(I'm used to conversations on IRC spanning days; via email spanning weeks; why shouldn't the web-forum conversations span *years*?)

Besides, darts *are* underused. Hm... that gives me an idea.....
-Turnip

Return to “NS3.5 Ideas and Suggestions”