Is there....?

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Flachion444_ns3
Noob

Is there....?

Post by Flachion444_ns3 »

Hello all and in particular the Devs.

I have built a Melee toon that is based on Dex, recently I was in the Dojo to look at potential NS Armor for this toon. I searched around and because of my build (DD/F/WM), there are NO ROBES for this build type. Only HEAVY Armor...which I cannot use.

Is this correct?

Can we get some NS Robes for a Dex based Melee toon? Currently using the Xi-Fu robes (the newest ones). They are very nice, but if the NS gear is supposed to work as a whole, then this will never happen for my toon (or others like it).

It seems that the Dex based toon (at the moment), is the preferred build for most toons...see other threads concerning STR builds. With the ability to gain xtra AC from the Dex attributes AND increase your AB at the same time, its no wonder they are the toon of choice!

I have built STR builds and though they can carry more than they can hold, and add some xtra damage to their hits. hey dont come close to a Dex build for survivability.

So...

Once again is it possible to get some NS Robes for Melee based toons?!

:roll:

DM_ShadowKeeper_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by DM_ShadowKeeper_ns3 »

They DD/Fighter type Dex builds have to have some kind of down side. :)

Dr_Fangorn_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Dr_Fangorn_ns3 »

I think there are a sufficient number of high powered robes available for Dex based builds. If you look at the stats of the Maharishi Robe, they are quite comparable to the NS armors. The NS armors are class specific as it is, so look at the NS Monk robe for a direct comparison. Given the multiclassed nature of most of the builds on NS, you can take this into account when making your build.

DM_ShadowKeeper_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by DM_ShadowKeeper_ns3 »

I wouldn't wear anything else other than the Maharashi robes myself with a dex'er. :) Of course I'm partial to doing Twilight runs. :P

midnight08_ns3
Looking for group

Post by midnight08_ns3 »

also the robes of divine, which are not NS armor but are very close and even have higher immunes are very nice as well... they are fighter pally only i believe and great for high level dex fighters... in the DoJo u find them in the decent armor chest or somethin like that

Charon_ns3
Looking for group

Post by Charon_ns3 »

midnight08 wrote:also the robes of divine, which are not NS armor but are very close and even have higher immunes are very nice as well... they are fighter pally only i believe and great for high level dex fighters... in the DoJo u find them in the decent armor chest or somethin like that

The updated version is Fighter / Pally / Cleric with some stats changed...the Dojo has the old Robes.
Charon * [TC]
Charon * (MW)
-D- Charon *

(formerly) Midwest

jabae_ns3
Looking for group

Post by jabae_ns3 »

you can use the divine robe
~ Jabae ~
Co-Founder
Bloody Axes of Neversummer

Rocco_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by Rocco_ns3 »

DM_ShadowKeeper wrote:I wouldn't wear anything else other than the Maharashi robes myself with a dex'er. :) Of course I'm partial to doing Twilight runs. :P

That might be an understatment, ya freak'n nut :P

WATCH OUT, THERE'S AN IMP!!! :wink:
"You there, fetch me that jewel from that gem encrusted skull," - Robillard to his half-ogre henchman
"Duh, okay," - last words of Grogg, Son of Grogg, as he reached for the Demi-Liches skull.

Moonstone Mischief_ns3
Wiki Editor

Post by Moonstone Mischief_ns3 »

Divine Robes would be the best for you, since you can't wear Heavy Armor it is best. Also, if you currently don't have that robe yet or can not afford it from another player then use Poxx EDH till you can get.

Easy way to fix your problem :)

Also, We need a new forge where you can create your own armor for components that you find and that you can add stats to it but cost you exp or gp.
Guild Master of <LoD>

DM Xero_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by DM Xero_ns3 »

Moonstone Mischief wrote:Also, if you currently don't have that robe yet or can not afford it from another player then use Poxx EDH till you can get.

Fighter/DD/WM couldn't use the poxx EDH.

And as far as I can remember, poxx is a wee bit better than divine. Old divine was a bit better than poxx, but the new divine is a bit worse.
If I can tranq out just one freak on stilts, I know I've done my job. - Chief Wiggum

Jaeson Hawke_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by Jaeson Hawke_ns3 »

They changed the divine robes? ??

Too bad : /
Wolfe
MidWest Server

DM Xero_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by DM Xero_ns3 »

When I say "new divine" I only mean newer than the original ones, heh. I think they were changed a few months back.

If your robes can be used by fighter/pally/cleric, they're the "new" ones. If they're only for fighter/pally they're the "old" ones.
If I can tranq out just one freak on stilts, I know I've done my job. - Chief Wiggum

Jaeson Hawke_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by Jaeson Hawke_ns3 »

I have a set of the old ones on east :D They are nice :D
Wolfe
MidWest Server

Return to “NS3.5 Ideas and Suggestions”