Uncommonly used weapons

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Jaeson Hawke_ns3
Pk Bait

Uncommonly used weapons

Post by Jaeson Hawke_ns3 »

I am sure this has been brought up in one shape or form. Yeah I am one of those folks trying to do something different and completely off the wall from everyone else. I am developing a character who is melee but does not use a shield.

Here it is. Greatswords, there are some good pre-triton weapons out there. Scythes, some really nice ones. Greataxes... not so much.

Currently I have found only the fire greataxe, hurricane greataxe, the burrow greataxe and the one dropped by the Order guy in LP. with the exception of the order one, they all give +4 to hit. The greataxe from the Order give none at all.

I am just looking for a greataxe that is online with tagnar's longsword, or the scythe of death, heck even the summoners rapier.

If there is such a greataxe in the build, then my apologies, if you could point me in the right direction and I am off for it. I haven't found one, other players haven't seen em, and some DMs aren't aware of em.

In the defense of all that, I understand that only someone who is mental would choose a greataxe, but hey, I want to try new things, but getting to 25 with a weapon that does only 40 damage (the burrow axe) and +4 (versus tagnars +7) will be a long road to 25.

Oh, and I would appreciate constructive comments if any, since this is the ideas and suggestion forum,, thanks.

Caveat to the above, of course this character is a weaponmaster, so not using the greataxe makes him pretty much worthless and even less ab.
Wolfe
MidWest Server

DrakhanValane_ns3
Arrogant Snob

Post by DrakhanValane_ns3 »

Check out D'hara.
"Some people might say love merely has a learning disorder, but no. Love is just stupid. After all, millions of angst-ridden teen poems can't possibly be wrong." -- R.K.Milholland

All Hail the Mighty Pettsson!

"So cheap and juicy!"

Baatazu_ns3
Noob

Post by Baatazu_ns3 »

G1 drops areally good greataxe.

Jaeson Hawke_ns3
Pk Bait

Sorry, forgot to mention, Non barb specific. G1 greataxe is nice, but it is specific only to barbs...

Only axes I found in Dhara was the same one dropped in LP :/ no AB at all on it.

I didn't go all the way through though.
Wolfe
MidWest Server

Blaskor_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by Blaskor_ns3 »

What about Dragonsbane. Good only, but a pretty nice Axe.
Blaskor

Dr_Fangorn_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Dr_Fangorn_ns3 »

I've added three new greataxes into the mod with all the updates in the past three months. Two of them are preepic (level 1-18th), one basic in damage and the other one with better damage (and I'll fix the D'hara Greataxe, that's an error not having any Attack Bonus or Enhancement Bonus). There is also another axe that is 18+ available in one of the newer areas.

There are 4 new greatswords in the mod now, 3 preepic with good damage, and another 23+ greatsword in a really challenging area.

Jaeson Hawke_ns3
Pk Bait

Yeah, it was figured the D'hara Greataxe was an error...

guess i'll have to do more poking around the new areas for the better greataxes..

Thanks Fang.
Wolfe
MidWest Server

DM White_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by DM White_ns3 »

yes u do

HobbsT_ns3
Noob

scythe?

Post by HobbsT_ns3 »

i know this is a bit of a post hijack, but you said there were some good scythes somewhere... my question is where? the only scythe i have ever seen is the one that drops in sunken city.

puke_dud_ns3
Spamalot

Post by puke_dud_ns3 »

Scythe of Death is the best next to Triton Scythe.
puke

Midwest only!
- Tossin McCookies 40
- Tossin DeBeers 40
- Tossin Pious 40
- Tossin Blender II 40
- Tossin Acastor 40
- Tossin Blenderizer 40
- Tossin Governator 40

Aaron315_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by Aaron315_ns3 »

One drops off the Guard Captain (probably isn't his exact name) in Tagnars room in dorfs (Fire Slicer) the other is called the Scythe of Death and you need to kill the Keeper past Draco to get that one.
Grim Reaper [TC]

Mars: "Sometimes it means taking a stand even though you know the outcome will be bad for you."

Yeti_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by Yeti_ns3 »

death is best but fire slicer is still bad arse!
"What was once rebellion is now clearly just a social sect But are you just upset because your own social clique has left Leave when you want because I know that someday I will too But I wont burn my bridges and be just another jaded fool"

hiro_ns3
Wheres the donation box?

Post by hiro_ns3 »

for pre epic Death Scythe is best since it gives death immune, letting you use some other belt besides death immune belts, and it has vorpal which can be very nice pre 23+ levels....after that not much chance of a vorpal hit on the monsters.

Laotzo
The difference between you and I, sir, is that when the evidence changes, so does my opinion.

Return to “NS3.5 Ideas and Suggestions”