idea

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
jabae_ns3
Looking for group

idea

Post by jabae_ns3 »

I don't know if this has been suggested before..

Is there a way to get an "afk" flag or something.. That way if i have to afk everyone would know im afk and i don't have to log off every time ihave to go somewhere i can just go to NS and put the afk on...
~ Jabae ~
Co-Founder
Bloody Axes of Neversummer

Blaskor_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by Blaskor_ns3 »

I think if you are going to go somewhere, you should log off. Some servers get full, and its not really fair to other players that want to get on when you are logged on and not even around.
Blaskor

hiro_ns3
Wheres the donation box?

damn straight...

Post by hiro_ns3 »

1. it makes it hard to get on if its full like blaskor says

2. it slows the sever down some and no one enjoys lag

3. it keeps everything around you from refreshing and the cleanup script from working....

just be polite, log off when u are afk, and relog .....

PS....IMHO bathroom breaks are not a reason to log off unless it takes you 10 minutes each way to walk to the bathroom in your mansion.....

lol :roll: :roll: :roll:

jack

Dr_Fangorn_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Dr_Fangorn_ns3 »

Most DMs will be reasonable about people being afk for short periods. By short, we're talking 10-15 minutes. There are cases where it is quite obvious that someone has been afk for much longer than this, ie. 30-60+ minutes, and this has ALWAYS been frowned upon by the NS development team...this is a longstanding rule of courtesy in NS.

It is simple courtesy to log off and let someone else play if you're going to be away for an extended period. The DM team will enforce this rule with a loot, boot or ban, don't be surprised if you leave a toon logged on for over an hour and come back in an altered state.

TGPO_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by TGPO_ns3 »

Hey can we give the loot we strip off the idlers to our own characters? :twisted:

j/k
The Great and Powerful Oz
Do not attribute to Evil what stupidity can adequatly explain

jabae_ns3
Looking for group

darn

Post by jabae_ns3 »

looks like i can't play then and i was really enjoying it. my home life does not permit me to play like that. I sometimes have to afk and i don't know if it will be 15 minutes or an hour. when my parents tell me to do something i have no choice but to do it.

its been fun.

Jabae
~ Jabae ~
Co-Founder

duodave_ns3
Wheres the donation box?

Post by duodave_ns3 »

I'd like to point out Jab's living situation will change soon, as she plans on moving. After that she won't afk so much.

-deja

SecreT_AlieN_ns3
Looking for group

Post by SecreT_AlieN_ns3 »

Who said you can't play? Just log off and log back on when you're done...
Charon * [TC] (MidWest)

Bob_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by Bob_ns3 »

One other thing for the completely oblivious - if you go afk in the middle of the opening conversation with one of the vendors, transition NPCs, or on top of a portal, it blocks the use of that npc or portal for other players.

A couple mornings ago, a player had the NPC in NS who ferries you to the Highlands tied up for over two hours (that I knew about). Unfortunately, there were no DMs on any of the servers at that time of the day to move the player. At reset, a little over an hour after I had, erm, resolved the problem, his body was still sitting there so I'm assuming he was still afk.

Have a little consideration...
The Brotherhood of Bob

WHO IS POINTY HAT?

Pointy hat make fire.
Pointy hat make fire boom.

TIP! Is pointy hat your friend? No?
Kill him first.

jabae_ns3
Looking for group

Post by jabae_ns3 »

i do not afk at npcs or portals. but often times im in the middle of a fight and can't rest when im called. or i can barely get to an area that won't bother people before i get in trouble.
~ Jabae ~
Co-Founder

TGPO_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by TGPO_ns3 »

As was said, booting doesnt usually occur except under the conditions of an extended AFK and the server running at full capacity. As is usually the case with extenuating circumstances, you have presented us with the challenges that you face and we will hold that in mind when having to decide if we need to clear a slot for an active player.

We will work with you as best we can. However in the end our responsability has to lie with the good of the server in general. Dont feel that you can no longer be here, just please dont be suprised if you have to log back in if it happens during a peak period.
The Great and Powerful Oz
Do not attribute to Evil what stupidity can adequatly explain

Pros_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Pros_ns3 »

I'm not sure if your old enough or not but if you own a car would you leave it running and put an afk message in the window until you came back to use it? I know its not exactly the same situation but the game is here and when you can get on to play it only takes another minute to get in and is relatively fast to log out. This issue is more about while someone is afk another may not be able to play because the spot is filled on a full server. AFK for long periods of time means I can't play right now and I'll be back later. :wink:

jabae_ns3
Looking for group

Post by jabae_ns3 »

yes but AFK is my life story at the moment. And I am old enough.. and no i wouldn't but if i was out driving my car my parents couldn't make me get up and walk away from it.

In order to keep the peace, I have to do as they ask no matter what they ask. In december if all goes well i'll be moving to florida but for the moment I HAVE to be here doing what they want. and if i take that half a minute to log off.. i get yelled at. No thanks
~ Jabae ~
Co-Founder

Zing_ns3
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Zing_ns3 »

Are you seriously trying to say that you are old enough to drive, but not mature enough to have any kind of adult interaction with your parents???

Regardless of the above it takes 0.2 seconds to hit the escape key and click exit.
Zing Something.
Information specific to the Neversummer Dojo Character Test Module
can be found here http://www.firecat.co.uk/forums/

Pros_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Pros_ns3 »

Jabae,

Real life has to be first and we can't possibly know your situation. My suggestion to you is to do what you feel works for you. We as DMs will boot a player that is afk for long periods of time if the server is near full capacity. If you were to get booted because you were afk for a long time, what have you lost? Nothing as far as I can see other than you have to log back in when you return.

This isn't a big deal from the game side of life so don't worry too much about how your able to play. If you get enjoyment from playing this mod then thats good enough for me, play on.

Return to “NS3.5 Ideas and Suggestions”