Red Dragon Disciple

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Falinger
Noob

Red Dragon Disciple

Post by Falinger »

So I was thinking about what I should build next, and thought, "I haven't made a Red Dragon Disciple in I don't know how long."

Then I remembered why... There's no gear.

Checked my mule to confirm... Yep, no gear. Sure, there's Sorcerer gear, but I don't even let my sorcerer's wear sorcerer gear. This next parts going to sound like a rant, please do not take it as such, it's just after playing here for the last 8 years, I finally had to say it formally.

I do not want to play clerics and paladins!

There is a reason why there are so many straight 40 level clerics running around and no straight level 40 sorcerer's and wizards. Even my sorcerer's take at least 1 level of pally... yeah, the Chr bonuse to saves is nice, but I'd give it up in a second to not have to wear the cleric/pally gear.

Shields get touchy... Yes, I agree that sorc/wiz's shouldn't use shields, it's so anti-D&D that it is common sense. But lets face it, as Neverwinter has declined over the years, there are less groups running around in party, you spend your time solo'ing all but the big bosses, and you need a shield to survive. What's that? What about Tangus's shield? Tangus's shield was a very considerate, very well done addition to the game. Whichever developer came up with it, Thank you, the attempt was appreciated. Now, hold it up to a Silver Mith shield or a Plat Mith Shield and you're back to taking a level of pally, 1 standard feat (still spell) and 3 epic feats (auto still spell) to use the Silver or Plat Mithril.

I didn't even mind taking the feats, I wrote it off as a, ok, it's just something you have to do to use a shield, then the newest rework came out, and now I have to take pally or cleric to even use the Silver Mithril shield... don't even get a choice. I didn't mind doing the quest and buying wands of item destruction to get the helm and armor out of my inventory, but now I have to be a cleric or pally?

I do not want to play clerics and paladins!

The Aegis Arcanum isn't a bad shield, granted it has no immunes what-so-ever, still need the auto still spell just to use it.

Then we get to Lagnar... Lagnar ammy or Vortex ammy (yes, Vortex, from DWP- the endgame of the module) and Lagnar's is the easy choice. Not only does it have the B/P/S immunes, it's got way more spell slots. And I won't even get in to Lagnar cloak or guants vs. Tangus, just look at them side to side, and you'll see just how bad the mage gear is.

Now, I am not asking for a handout, revise the old broken willow quest... you know, the one where you needed to be level 20 to do it, but all you got out of it was a staff with 2nd/3rd/4th level spell slots, so by the time you could use it, you didn't want to (Yeah, us mages have been getting ripped off from the start). For those that don't know, it was so bad, that when they took out the blink dog area (and I am in no way asking to bring the blink dogs back), it broke the quest, but nobody cared... I'm just saying, rip the ability bonuses off the Silver Mith shield, hell, take it down to +5 from +7, give it -50% arcane spell failure, throw in a mage equivilant helm, and I don't care if you double the items needed from 5 to 10, I'd still run all over the mod and kill anything I had to to be able to put it on a mage or rdd caster.

Lol, even better, give me the go-ahead, I'll put the gear togeather, stick them in a .erf and send them over...

I'm just saying, some balance between casting Clerics and Mages would be nice, and being able to play a Casting Red Dragon Disciple that had a chance at survival would be fantastic.

Thanks for listening,

Falinger

-Make mine a mage

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Re: Red Dragon Disciple

Post by Lokey »

Bard/wm/rdd is not horrible. Granted bard/wm or bard/rdd isn't bad either.

Wasn't there like 2 or 3 rdd specific things? Not the Poxx armor...bracer and something that are high end and worthwhile.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Falinger
Noob

Post by Falinger »

Was looking for a caster-type.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Falinger wrote:Was looking for a caster-type.
Eh, thats like looking for a melee type AA. Why wouldn't you just take PM and be done with it :).
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

RDD, the immunes and extra ac are nice. Maybe some spellsword nonsense, but anything caster rdd can do, caster/pm 10 will be hideously unkillable...

Still drawing a blank on items, I know I've seen something RDD only and RDD as one of a few classes.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

chill bracers? still have some of those old ones :)
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

weasel423
Newbie Helper

Post by weasel423 »

Molech Scales (Bracers) are RDD (or UMD)
[IO] is the way to go!

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb
~Dark Helmet

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

weasel423 wrote:Molech Scales (Bracers) are RDD (or UMD)
:roll:
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

weasel423 wrote:Molech Scales (Bracers) are RDD (or UMD)
Wrong forum :wink:
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

Return to “NS3.5 Ideas and Suggestions”