Divine Realm

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Delwin_ns3
Noob

Divine Realm

Post by Delwin_ns3 »

I know DMs & Devs are always busy but this is a forum for ideas and suggestions. Even if 3.5 isn't developed any further, maybe something for NS5 or something.

Now that we've explored the depths of Hell and the Undermountain, how about an epic realm of angels and divine beings. It could be a portal out through CiC or EC.

Within this realm would be naturally divine magical beasts and uber angels or something with pretty white wings and a divine boss at the end. Maybe tie it in with The Golden Draggy Flight of Ank's. Maybe an ultimate fight between the good draggys and bad draggys.

We've all talked to Ank in CiC. Maybe at lvl 40, a new option is Ank from CiC can fly you to the new divine realm because the goodness there has become corrupted with it's own ultimate belief in it's power. Time for us to take the chaotic good beings down a peg or two.

Anyways, I needed to get that one out and I'm sure there's plenty of things people will want to add to this one. :D

Elric of Melnibone_ns3
Noob

Post by Elric of Melnibone_ns3 »

A divine realm is an interesting Idea.

I m thinking a halls of mount Olympus, with Zeus as a the main boss (with unlimited greater ruin spells for his lightning bolts). Hercules would make a good sub-boss (60th level strength build paladin/cot/ monk with all the stunning fist feats and all the smite evil feats) give him a pair of XiFu Gaunts. Cherib's (wis built ranger/cleric monk zen archers) with pershing arrows. Angels of war duel weilding white tritons long swords. Angels of Death with Scythes. Angels of retribultion with two bladed swords that parry. Angels of Mercy that only heal all the other angels then use greater sanctuary. Seriphim bards to buff and unbuff and counterspell.

It could be an area that epic gear that is evil restricted could be stored by the forces of good. *washes hands*

Perhaps a Pale Master ill-earth stone with an undead summons that rivals the starfall gaunts. It would be cool to summon a draco-lich or even a demi-lich.

or maybe a Blackguard only triton weapon upgrade that adds on hit vampiric touch or having higher vamp regeneration. Could call them Black triton weapons =).

To carry on the Olympus idea you could have another area off of the argonox plains that requires the rebreather helm and special weighted boots (to remove haste). Atlantis with posidon (with an aura of Fear) as a main boss. and atlas as a sub boss, alternately you could have to face them both at the same time. Having to wear a rebreather cuts away the mind effect immunity so spells like words of faith and fear effects are now possilble. Barbarian terrifing rage would be a fun game mechanic for the monsters to use. I see atlanteans as barbarain sorcerors and druids that use maximized quillfire, drown, feeblemind and confusion spells wieding triton tridents and using disarm attacks (75% immunity to bludgeoning/ fire damage with enough resists 20- to block the other types of damage from non-crits will force the players to use weapons for crits). Posidon could have an underwater garden filled with the statues of petrified enemies. Posidon was fabled to have slept with a maiden that was in turn cursed by Athena and transformed into Medusa.

Anyway its an interesting idea.

Delwin_ns3
Noob

Post by Delwin_ns3 »

Ummmmmmm ... yeah thats what I was trying to say.

:D

Theres lots of possibilities there, I like that idea of evil restricted epic gear. Specially those evil tritons & summons gaunts.

Would get away from all these LN builds and watch some truly evil toons get built. OMG those angel scythes would be excellent as theres a lack of scythes in the game, well theres a few. Would also start having some interesting str demon big hitters running around more.

Hehe watch the big dmg points as those smites start hitting on ur evil toons from the angels. :lol:

Annys_ns3
Noob

Post by Annys_ns3 »

I am always up for a new area and those ideas sound great. Give us all a good reason to form a party to go explore some place :)

Angel's-Shadow's_ns3
Noob

Post by Angel's-Shadow's_ns3 »

all those idea sound really good... i would come ad play for that...
In the democracy of the dead, All men at last are equal. There is neither rank nor station nor prerogative in the republic of the grave.

Dave blythscum_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by Dave blythscum_ns3 »

sounds like some very good ideas there, the evil only gear sounds great might encourage some new evil toons, i dont think ive seen any black guard in east yet.
"stand still son and put this apple on your head, now where did i put that crossbow and blindfold?" William Tell the disastrous and short lived come back tour.

Turnip
Noob

Re:

Post by Turnip »

Elric of Melnibone_ns3 wrote:A divine realm is an interesting Idea.

I m thinking a halls of mount Olympus, with Zeus as a the main boss (with unlimited greater ruin spells for his lightning bolts). Hercules would make a good sub-boss (60th level strength build paladin/cot/ monk with all the stunning fist feats and all the smite evil feats) give him a pair of XiFu Gaunts.
<chop>
Have two ways to get to the pearly gates (where you'd find a portal back to the Nexus) -- Olympus one way, and Vahalla the other.

Vahalla would have hordes of ~30th/40th level fighters (with stats as if they had half-decent gear) backing up the bosses (Odin, Loki, Thor, etc.) with the Valkries there to rez the dead warriors. Possibly have these routes be accessed via a portal like the north pole.

If the two approaches could be balanced but different, have both portals show up at the same time, without distinguishing which portal is for which route. Then there could be races between teams, with a curveball thrown in to avoid parties being built to take advantage of one route's weaknesses.

(Imagine a wide-open plane, and halfway down the field, there's a row of warriors, five deep, and as wide as the map. Behind those are seven Valkyries, ready to rez the dead, and seven dragons (black, red, green, blue, white, prismatic, and undead). Before the warriors are a line of dwarven defenders. The other route would be no better, with ravening bands of maenads with a gorgon backing them up, with hydras and their insanely high regen lurking behind many corners, and a chokepoint defended by spartans... just to GET to the bosses.)

This would be a run for those who solo DWP. Which, alas, is not me.
-Turnip

Dr_Fangorn
Developer

Re: Divine Realm

Post by Dr_Fangorn »

I'd be happy to add something like this to the mod. A good vs. evil fight that is player alignment specific would be a lot of fun to try and do. I've got a couple of things on my plate module-wise before I could tackle something like this. If there are any players or old ex-NS 3.5 developers interested in taking a stab at this, let me know over PM.
----------
DM Fang
Co-Lead, NS 5
Developer, NS 3.5
Server Op, NS 3.5 North

Return to “NS3.5 Ideas and Suggestions”