NO VIDEO...argh!

User-to-User support and questions to the NS3.5 Developers and DM team.
DM Belisarius_ns3
Pk Bait

NO VIDEO...argh!

Post by DM Belisarius_ns3 »

Well...
I have installed Vista 64 bit...Wasn't too impressed...Did A CLEAN WIPE AND RE-INSTALL OF XP Pro, Everything else works just fine however...

When I boot up NWN I get all the pre game screens and movies up to the point where you actually key in your Account info and Password. At that point (and I do not get to actually see the login screen) all I get is a black screen with the pointer gauntlet and a BARELY perceptible ultra high pitched ping coming from my speakers ( like the kind you get when you turn on an old CRT type Television set)...

The computer runs fine and everything else installed is fine and totally up to date including all my WHQL certified video drivers etc...I have my graphics set to 1280 x1024 natively and have run the game at that level before with NO ISSUES. Same res as my desktop...

Any Ideas?

I am going to try a un-install/re-install and see if that helps....grrrr!

Thanks in advance!

I am trying
DM Belisarius.

"For if I am wounded I shall say to my assailant 'If I live, I will kill you... If I die, you are forgiven'. Such is the rule of honour."

Ferretlover_ns3
Noob

Post by Ferretlover_ns3 »

I have had the same thing happening to me. If I click around and happen to hit the right button(can hear them click like normal) it will pop into view. Sometimes I hit the wrong button and hope I can cansel back to the main menu and not end up lost in videos or something.

Let me know if re-installing it works, if so I will give that a try.

Take Care,
Fert
Fert, Angel of †HA†

DM Belisarius_ns3
Pk Bait

hehhehheheheh!

I tried that already...no dice.
DM Belisarius.

"For if I am wounded I shall say to my assailant 'If I live, I will kill you... If I die, you are forgiven'. Such is the rule of honour."

Ferretlover_ns3
Noob

I tried re-installing directx(had a few crashes that mentioned a file that was associated with DX) and that did nothing.

What kind of video card do you have? Mine is Nvidia 5200FX(no laughing....it was great when I bought it).

When you reinstalled did you have an empty override dir?

Just brainstorming some ideas.

Take Care,
Fert
Fert, Angel of †HA†

Ferretlover_ns3
Noob

Emptied my override, and no good.
Fert, Angel of †HA†

DM Belisarius_ns3
Pk Bait

I have an EVGA Nvidia 7950 GT OC....

I have all new drivers (WHQL Certified) including Direct X 9c.

I don't have a clue what else to do...

WAAAAAH (crying into keyboard....).
DM Belisarius.

DrakhanValane_ns3
Arrogant Snob

Post by DrakhanValane_ns3 »

Have you tried using a slightly older version of video drivers? It might be something that broke in the latest version.
"Some people might say love merely has a learning disorder, but no. Love is just stupid. After all, millions of angst-ridden teen poems can't possibly be wrong." -- R.K.Milholland

All Hail the Mighty Pettsson!

"So cheap and juicy!"

DM Belisarius_ns3
Pk Bait

Still no video...I have tried everything...

I can't DM from my laptop...ARGH!

After I get over this cussing fit I am going to start cussing more.
DM Belisarius.

Lorkar_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by Lorkar_ns3 »

I had the same problem a year and a half ago. It was a combination of a driver conflict with a new video card and the old onboard video and a incompatible driver. I had to disable the onboard video in the device manager and then use the nvidia forceware driver version 94.24. Havent had the problem since.
Never underestimate the power of idiots in large groups.

DM Belisarius_ns3
Pk Bait

That is weird...

I am using all new drivers...even the sound driver works...I'm using the MS supplied sound driver for my Audigy ZS and it works great...I tried rolling back to an old driver etc. for video...I disabled Ct helper as I have read that it can cuase major video issues as well.

Maybe I should download the actual CREATIVE drivers for my Sound card and see what happens.....
DM Belisarius.

Ferretlover_ns3
Noob

I am using the Creative drivers for my sound card.
Fert, Angel of †HA†

DM Belisarius_ns3
Pk Bait

ARRRRGH!

Still no joy!
DM Belisarius.

DM Belisarius_ns3
Pk Bait

...(Smashes head on keyboard like Zing...)
DM Belisarius.

Lorkar_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by Lorkar_ns3 »

Did you have onboard video before? If so disable the graphics controller in the device manager.
Also, if you use Intel check their site for updated drivers.
Cant for the life of me figure out why you are concerned with your sound.
Never underestimate the power of idiots in large groups.

Return to “Help and Support”