nwn and vista....

User-to-User support and questions to the NS3.5 Developers and DM team.
Hastings_ns3
Pk Bait

nwn and vista....

Post by Hastings_ns3 »

NWN runs fine with Vista, but you need to make a few changes to get it to run properly.

Open your nwn folder. Find the following exe files and change them to run as xp compatible ( right click on file, select properties, click compatability tab and check 'run as xp compatible) if you own Vista...get used to this :)

nwn.exe
nwmain.exe
nwloader.exe

Vista also seems to hate EAX sound, so make sure EAX is turned off under sound options.

Also, if you have dual core processors, you can force nwn to run on a single processor. Seems to make it run smoother.

Open nwn folder, open nwnplayer.ini file.

change Client CPU Affinity from -1 to 1. the -1 sets it to run off all processors. Changing it to a positive number sets the number of processors to use.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow. Especially if it's trying for the $#%% bulletproof gaunts"

Arctic Hail_ns3
Spamalot

Post by Arctic Hail_ns3 »

that is amazing. one of our friends had this problem for forever so THANK YOU SO MUCH! :) you solved our long problem, thank ya sir!
What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?

=CI= Carpe Imperium

jabae_ns3
Looking for group

Post by jabae_ns3 »

My nwn still crashes. seems only once every hour since i made those changes. It keeps saying my driver stopped working and restarted. It's a really odd problem but one im willing to live with to be able to play nwn on the laptop.
~ Jabae ~
Co-Founder
Bloody Axes of Neversummer

Hastings_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by Hastings_ns3 »

What driver is crashing? Also, make sure 'Enable EAX Sound' is unchecked.
Make sure you have the latest video and sound drivers.
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow. Especially if it's trying for the $#%% bulletproof gaunts"

Return to “Help and Support”