Stuck inside "The Beginning"

User-to-User support and questions to the NS3.5 Developers and DM team.
Brother Rathgar
Noob

Stuck inside "The Beginning"

Post by Brother Rathgar »

Hello DM's (or DM, singular, if there's only one left)

I have a problem with two characters at the moment. As the title says, both are stuck in 'The Beginning'. Now, I understand how this is happening, but I was wondering if I could get some help getting those characters unstuck so that they can go on their merry way adventuring. The Stuck characters names are 'Chipper Bobbins' and 'Rathgaar the Barbarian'.

It's a naming convention problem, I know. I'm an Old School player, former leader of (BoC) on some such server (it was North, East, South, West back when I played). Being the leader I needed to recycle names periodically, or use subtle changes, therefore:

First Name: Brother
Last Name: Rathgar (BoC)

First Name: Brother Rathgar
Last Name: (BoC)

First Name: Brother Rathgar (BoC)
Last Name: <Blank>

would all result in the character name that was desired (for that matter adding <spaces> at the end also allowed one to continue using the same names with different characters, but that's beside the point).

These days it's just not working it would seem. I arrived at the problem in question in two separate ways so far.

Way #1
1. Roll a 'Chipper Bobbins'
2. Level him a little bit
3. Realize I messed up and take him to the Guillotine [Delete him as it were]
4. Reroll a 'Chipper Bobbins'
5. Level him to 15
6. Log off for the night
7. Log back in and find him stuck, unable to move or do anything, in 'The Beginning'

Way #2
1. Roll a 'Rathgaar the Barbarian'
2. Level him, mess him up...
3. Roll a new 'Rathgaar the Barbarian' (the database didn't seem to mind, I could log into either toon and they appeared to be separate entities)
4. Guillotine/Delete the messed up version of 'Rathgaar the Barbarian'
5. Log into the new version of the toon, run around a bit, all seems well and good
6. Log off for the night
7. Log back in and find him stuck, unable to move or do anything, in 'The Beginning'

I am just really hoping that I could have these characters freed of their "purgatory" in some way:

1. A DM teleports them out of 'The Beginning' (They might get stuck again when the server resets, I don't know)
2. A DM deletes them both entirely, Server-side (I don't care about whatever gear they might have on them)
3. Someone tells me how to work around this issue
4. DM Clangadin wakes up and says to himself, "Holy Cr@p, Rathgar from 2003 is back and needs my help!"
5. In the complete absence of an active DM a reigning (and retiring) one passes the torch to DM Rathgar! YEAH! (no doubt the least likely scenario)

Anyways, I've apparently become quite long-winded over the last 13 years, I'm just really attached to certain names, as I've used them in nearly every game I've played since their inception in 2003 Neversummer. Which was my first ever Online game.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide,

Rath

Return to “Help and Support”