NWN Scripts

User-to-User support and questions to the NS3.5 Developers and DM team.
DM Clang
Dungeon Master
Location: Somewhere between here and there, Remember no matter where you go there you are!

NWN Scripts

Post by DM Clang »

I am from time to time going to need scripts for the update to NS 3.5..

Currently I want to be able to mark off an area that will cause poison damage every round your in it.

I tried altering the NWN campaign mod that does cold damage every heartbeat but cant make it work.
old timer

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Re: NWN Scripts

Post by Lokey »

It's a big creaky module so you need to be really careful, you can lag people across the world and all.

For NS3 that doesn't sound too useful, especially poison. Druids and monks laugh at it, there's a feat for it (what else are you going to spend feats on), it's on tons of items and so on.

Assuming you have the mod I boilerplate the enter/exit scripts, can't quite grab the info you need on mod script hooks.

The export button is full of perils, I tend to build in empty modules then copy/paste over.

There will be bugs. There will be things you don't think of. You won't have tested enough. It'll take players 5 seconds to run through everything you spend weeks making. Building sucks.

The important thing is to plan what you want to do first. Don't worry about what you think is possible, can probably bend something somewhere to make it happen. Happy to provide script advice and I have the module to look at.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Return to “Help and Support”