Hey i have a big problem

User-to-User support and questions to the NS3.5 Developers and DM team.
Kiburga
Noob

Hey i have a big problem

Post by Kiburga »

hello, im Kiburga and i got a toruble a friend of me came to my house he brought his laptop and we logged , my toon duplicated itself and now i cant find none to restart the server i already changed my client port for prevent this but it was too late HORAGOR KIBURGA is in the portal of garagoth while i can be wherever i want but i crash every 10 minutes.

im sorry bout this i got no idea that would happen

thank you

Kiburga

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Re: Hey i have a big problem

Post by Lokey »

Bad things will happen or they won't. There's nothing on windows that fixes this problem I know of (server side).

Many different things can happen, it might mean just duped characters in each of your vaults of what you were playing. Or it can mess up other people's characters. It does make a mess of the server until reset.

In general, if you have two or more clients behind the same ip, make sure the Client Port=5120 in nwnplayer.ini (under [Profile] somewhere is set to different numbers for each client). Usually accepted values (varies by server) are something like 5120, 5122-5300, use one of those. Nat routers do this automatically.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Kiburga
Noob

Post by Kiburga »

hey i changed that but now the server seems to be down i hope it was not my fault. i changed one is in 5120 and the other in 5122 so i htink is solved!°

THANK YOU!!

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Oh oh oh. Forgot the most important part. You can't be running any of the nwn apps (server, client) when changing ini values.

Can't think of a reason you wouldn't be able to log into ns4.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Return to “Help and Support”