Items destroyed and odd errors

User-to-User support and questions to the NS3.5 Developers and DM team.
EJ71
Noob

Items destroyed and odd errors

Post by EJ71 »

Was up in LP and had my weapon and shield destroyed. Not sure if this is as intended as I havent seen this happen before. Weapon loss is a minor pain, but shield was a Mithril shield and afaik there is no way of replacing, as it is a no drop quest reward. :?

Also, many script errors have been happening since the last reset, Error stack overflow messages. As well as, at Death, no respawn screen pops up and if a player logs and comes back their alive and at full health. :o

DM Clang
Dungeon Master
Location: Somewhere between here and there, Remember no matter where you go there you are!

Re: Items destroyed and odd errors

Post by DM Clang »

Had same respawn problem but havent been to LP
old timer

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

were you fighting pookiy when your items were destroyed in LP?
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

EJ71
Noob

Post by EJ71 »

Not sure of the name, but it was the one that has the Stinger appearance. I have spent a considerable amount of time there with other toon's without issue, and had never even heard of that happening from any other players. Only difference this time is I went there with caster instead of my normal melee toon's. There was a lot of weirdness going on after the reset and was hoping this was connected to that. Either way, I have a screen shot of the messages stating items were destroyed by critter if it would help at all.

Dr_Fangorn
Developer

Post by Dr_Fangorn »

I did a module update at 15h00 yesterday that had some bum scripts - I recompiled the scripts for the 23h00 server reset. Let me know if there are any continuing issues today.

Your items loss was due to Maalik Pookiy's acid attack - a time honored attack in NS 3/3.5 lore that unfortunately is not as well known these days due to dwindling player numbers. He is the only NPC that can whisk your equipment away...for now. :)
----------
DM Fang
Co-Lead, NS 5
Developer, NS 3.5
Server Op, NS 3.5 North

EJ71
Noob

Post by EJ71 »

Havn't noticed any more errors. 8)

That attack by Pook is nasty. I guess it was just payback for all the times I have visited him in the past :twisted:

Can't say I'm thrilled about the prospect of more critters that can destroy gear. :P

Dr_Fangorn
Developer

Post by Dr_Fangorn »

Don't worry. Won't be something I'm thinking off adding.

Now, a monster that STEALS your gear then runs off, then will be on the corpse when you catch up to it...that'd be fun!
----------
DM Fang
Co-Lead, NS 5
Developer, NS 3.5
Server Op, NS 3.5 North

EJ71
Noob

Post by EJ71 »

Dr_Fangorn wrote:Now, a monster that STEALS your gear then runs off, then will be on the corpse when you catch up to it...that'd be fun!
How about they try and steal the most expensive item a player had equipped. If caught, a player could try to P.P the item back, or loot it off their corpse; to make it even tougher, give them monk speed and the ability to HIPS. :twisted:

Might be an interesting idea to incorporate into a Cap'n Jack quest; seeing as he says to meet him in Buc. Den for other opportunities, but is never found there. :mrgreen:

Not that you don't have a lot on your plate as is. :P

DM Sun Tzu
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Sun Tzu »

Some interesting ideas.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
DM Sun Tzu

"to subjugate the enemy's army without doing battle is the highest of excellence."

Return to “Help and Support”