NS customizations???

User-to-User support and questions to the NS3.5 Developers and DM team.
DM ex Machina_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by DM ex Machina_ns3 »

although the tweak that makes it impossible to implode yourself is ns-specific, i believe.

midnight08_ns3
Looking for group

Post by midnight08_ns3 »

yep, 1.66 bug... fixing iin 1.67

brash99_ns3
Noob

Post by brash99_ns3 »

Charon wrote:Weapon Specializations are pretty much useless as the Tritons (best weapons in the game) have an extra umpteen-d-whatever damage added to them.

This is interesting so I'd like to ask more about it if I can. Do you mean the damage differences between say a [censored] sword verus dagger are so trivial in the huge damage numbers from tritons, that any extra +1 or +2 to damage (such as from Weapon Specialization) is generally meaningless? And this would also mean the differences in damage between a tiny weapon and a large weapon (except 2handers) are basically unnoticeable because you are hitting for over 100 with either, so any small numbers become moot? Weapon Focus is still a great skill but any Weapon Specialization is pretty dumb to take? I usually play fighters so I guess I need to rethink some of my expected feats then.

I guess I am not sure how they calculate extra damage to a base weapon damage so I am very curious how that works, my STR characters usually use a [censored] sowrd but I am thinking a kukri might really be one of the better wepaons in game, because of the crit ranges.

DM ex Machina_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by DM ex Machina_ns3 »

yes, crit ranges and multipliers are far more meaningful than base dmg because of the huge dmg additions to high-end wpns. I use scimis, rapiers, kukris, kamas (attks per round are more important in the crit-immune areas), with the odd sythe-master thrown in.

lougha_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by lougha_ns3 »

yep, most tritons that i've seen will regularly hit for 100+, so hitting for 102+ is really a moot point. Also, when you are dealing with mob's and bosses with insaine HP totals, the +2 is really inconsequential.

Though I have noticed that a large triton will do somewhat significantly more damage thatn a tiny or small triton.

OneManArmy_ns3
Noob

Post by OneManArmy_ns3 »

If you are going for a STR melee, weapon spe + epic weapon spe + STR damage bonus is not inconsequential cause it allows to bypass SOAK (as the 2d+12 slash, bludg and pierc are soaked, only STR bonus + weap dam + bonus from WS and EWS really damage the fooe ... and of course elemental damage if crit got a weakness)

In an area where critters are mainly immune to critical hit, it is definitively usefull.

Now for Dex fighters, WS and EWS are really not interesting.

It really depends on if you plan to focus on brute damage.
Xp
Charlie

Return to “Help and Support”