Character gets booted on login

User-to-User support and questions to the NS3.5 Developers and DM team.
rayofluck_ns3
Noob

Character gets booted on login

Post by rayofluck_ns3 »

Hello, I'm playing on NS Pacific recently as Gord the Rouge. I am having trouble today that I've noticed, after looking through Help & Support, has happened to others before. I named one of my characters (firstname)Gord (lastname)the Rouge, and I named another character (firstname)Gord the (lastname) Rouge in an effort to maintain the name I like, but to rebuild. Well this has not been a problem for at least a week or two. This morning I decided I no longer wanted one of the Gords. I used the delete feature in the Arena and scraped him.

Now the problem I run into is my living Gord boots up in the begining section of the mod, where new toons begin. Shortly after loging (few seconds) I get booted with a message along the lines of 'levl 0 or no xp'.

Could you please help out Gord? My login for this character is MystEhe.

Thanks in advance.

Beef Jerky_ns3
Noob

Post by Beef Jerky_ns3 »

This exact thing happend to me, Youll need to get a DM help you find out what inventory you have so you can start a new character (Dm will usually give you back what you had), there is no fixing this one, it is corrupt

Blaskor_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by Blaskor_ns3 »

You can't reuse the name of a shredded toon, even by putting the characters in the different boxes. If you name a toon A(First) and B(last) the file is saved as AB.bic. If you then name a toon AB (First) with no last, the file name is still AB.bic. Once you shred a toon with a specific name, that name is lost to you (unless there is a wipe).
Blaskor

Razarr69_ns3
Looking for group

Post by Razarr69_ns3 »

surely not, I wouldn't stake my beer on it, but I could swear I've deleted a toon for exactly that reason - to reuse the name - and done so. I would test the theory, but...well...I don't have a good excuse. Call me lazy. LAZY! :oops:

cryodog2_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by cryodog2_ns3 »

once you delete a toon and the process is complete then the name of that toon is no longer in the server database so you should be able to remake a character with the same name. if you have a question im sure you could as the server op if the name still exists or not.

NS 3.5 DM

paco_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by paco_ns3 »

on mw i had a similar issue. i created "Paco the Dexterous" (all first name) and had to end up shredding him. then later that day i created "Paco" (first name) "the Dexterous" (last name) and was still being booted on login. shredded that one too. i recreated "Paco the Dexterous" the following day, after the server's am reset, and haven't had any problems with that toon since.

DM Xero_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by DM Xero_ns3 »

Yeah, it tends to be a good idea to wait until after a reset to re-use a name. Sometimes the name will work right away, sometimes it wont.
If I can tranq out just one freak on stilts, I know I've done my job. - Chief Wiggum

Return to “Help and Support”