NPC Resurrection

User-to-User support and questions to the NS3.5 Developers and DM team.
Amalec
Noob

NPC Resurrection

Post by Amalec »

I tried to do the Gnoll tunnels today and all of the NPC clerics are casting Resurrection. I don't remember them doing this in the past. I haven't checked other cleric heavy areas.

Am I remembering, or did something break? It's turned some fights into endless slogs as the clerics resurrect each other 3-4 times each.

Bargeld
PKer

Re: NPC Resurrection

Post by Bargeld »

In NS4, they have always done this. They only have it memmed a limited amount of times and any npc's in range of a clerics spawn group will actually have a 'keep alive' timer which prevents them from actually dying immediately after being cut down. You have to wait a bit longer and then you will hear their death cry and the body will then disappear.

You can lure them away from each other also.

Gnoll fort is probably my favorite area in the realm because of the map and this variety of smart tactics that is necessary at the appropriate levels.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Nuor
Noob

Post by Nuor »

It has been this way as long as I can remember. I don't recall how many rezzes each 2 or 3 I think.

DM Sun Tzu
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Sun Tzu »

Is this an NS3 problem or NS4?
DM Sun Tzu

"to subjugate the enemy's army without doing battle is the highest of excellence."

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

Both? Neither?

Both servers have the area and both servers have NPCs that can fall into this cycle of ressing. Is it a problem? I don't think so, it's just a byproduct of when a clump/spawn happens to have 2 ressing NPCs together. It happens sometimes. Makes it a challenge, but by no means is it unfair or unmanageable.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Return to “Help and Support”