Downloadable dojo?

This is the forum to discuss the game as a whole.
rockworth_ns3
Noob

Downloadable dojo?

Post by rockworth_ns3 »

I love the dojo i spend so much time there building toons just to see the differences,lol.I have looked around and haven't seen anyway to download the dojo .I would love to be able to .If there is a way can someone tell me how or give me a link. I know alot of ppl are moaning and groaning about it but i think it's great so plz help me out.I'm sorry if this has been asked before and i messed it. :)
P.S. i have downloaded other trainers and i don't like them as much "aka Avanced halls"

TGPO_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by TGPO_ns3 »

I would rather that this didnt happen. The team has gone to alot of effort to make NS a great place to be. Good enough that there is one modified and stolen copy of NS out there already. I would rather not make it any easier for others to use the items we have created.

I know that none of the items in the dojo are truly "NS Items" however he did alot of work putting things together for you all in that fashion. If anyone else wants to try their hand at it, let them put the skull work and finger sweat into it as well.
The Great and Powerful Oz
Do not attribute to Evil what stupidity can adequatly explain

rockworth_ns3
Noob

Post by rockworth_ns3 »

Ok, didn't mean to ruffel any feathers , I didn't know sry.

Lorkar_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by Lorkar_ns3 »

Just a question, is it possible to strip down the dojo to just the main room? and have that downloadable? I see your point with the theft of ideas and such, I do not advocate that in the least. The dojo is head and shoulders above using the single player to do almost the same job (albeit more painfully time consuming). I want to make it clear I was talking about the single player being painful not the Dojo. I spend hours upon hours using the Dojo but the uptime there isnt always compatible with the time I have available. I understand the time constraints all NS devs and DMs have with the reality side of the house(ecch) and thats why this is only an inquiry.
I want to say thank you again for giving us a wonderful product for our gluttonous use much to the dismay of the significant others in our lives.

P.S. in regards to TGPOs last paragraph might someone point me in the direction to find the necessary information to attempt such an undertaking?
Who knows....maybe that second braincell of mine might not die of boredom afterall. But I feel that he may commit hari-kari once he sees the info.
Never underestimate the power of idiots in large groups.

Dr_Fangorn_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Dr_Fangorn_ns3 »

The Dojo is NOT an "official" McEvers Studios production. The Dojo was built by Zing, now a developer for NS 4. He was an avid NS 3.5 player at the time he built the Dojo.

Pros and I have had nothing to do with the development or maintenance of Zing's mod, nor do any of the DM's monitor the activity there.

Rocco_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by Rocco_ns3 »

I have already asked Zing for a copy of his dojo and he politely declined. Although, he did not rule it out in the future. I have my own dojo that i use, but his is more detailed and it would be nice if he just released the first room. While I don't want the whole module, it would be nice to have the first room to build toons and test them, instead of the pain of leveling a character from theroy and finding out at level 40 you screwed up.
"You there, fetch me that jewel from that gem encrusted skull," - Robillard to his half-ogre henchman
"Duh, okay," - last words of Grogg, Son of Grogg, as he reached for the Demi-Liches skull.

Charon_ns3
Looking for group

Post by Charon_ns3 »

The Halls of Advanced Training mod (available for free on the web) has everything the first room in Zing's Dojo has and more. It even has some equipment built in, but none of the NS gear obviously...
Charon * [TC]
Charon * (MW)
-D- Charon *

(formerly) Midwest

culinaryforge
Noob

Re: Downloadable dojo?

Post by culinaryforge »

Is the dojo still around? Whereabouts can I access it?

thx

MLoki
Relic Raider

Post by MLoki »

Try "The Chosen Test Server". It works like a NS3.5 mod with equipment and some bosses.
Amoenotep wrote:i want your toon to be useless :)

TheCozof91
Noob

Post by TheCozof91 »

Is there anyone from The Chosen guild that knows if the test server will be comming back?
The Coz can be anyone, anywhere, or anything. It can be nonexistant yet at the same time be the center of existance as we know it.

DM Belisarius
Pk Bait

Post by DM Belisarius »

Is Zing's Dojo still up? Just curious...Sure would be handy since the crash and rebuild...
DM Belisarius.

"For if I am wounded I shall say to my assailant 'If I live, I will kill you... If I die, you are forgiven'. Such is the rule of honour."

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

zing and his dojo had to go to work one day and never came back :(
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Return to “Neversummer 3.5 General Discussion”