Weapon / Armor customization

This is the forum to discuss the game as a whole.
Razarr69_ns3
Looking for group

Weapon / Armor customization

Post by Razarr69_ns3 »

Is it possible to modify armor/weapon appearance or are the good items just too high value to be modified?

If so, how high does your skill need to be to have a reasonable success rate?

Rocco_ns3
Newbie Helper

Re: Weapon / Armor customization

Post by Rocco_ns3 »

Razarr69 wrote:Is it possible to modify armor/weapon appearance or are the good items just too high value to be modified?

If so, how high does your skill need to be to have a reasonable success rate?

I have tried to modify G1 armor once, and when it said it would cost 500,000gp for one piece to be changed, I didn't try any further on that. I did however, with zero ranks in craft, modify the D'Hara red leather armor, getting rid of the upper legs so it looks like I have gogo boots. That cost me 2 gold.

I was thinking of making a 40th level toon Called the NS Talior and take max ranks in appraise and craft, but I have been to lazy as of yet to waste the time :P
"You there, fetch me that jewel from that gem encrusted skull," - Robillard to his half-ogre henchman
"Duh, okay," - last words of Grogg, Son of Grogg, as he reached for the Demi-Liches skull.

puke_dud_ns3
Spamalot

Post by puke_dud_ns3 »

You only really need 20 ranks in craft armor, as I think 23 is the highest DC I've ever seen, and your stat modifying gear will push you beyond that.

But, you're right, it's pricey to look cool.
puke

Midwest only!
- Tossin McCookies 40
- Tossin DeBeers 40
- Tossin Pious 40
- Tossin Blender II 40
- Tossin Acastor 40
- Tossin Blenderizer 40
- Tossin Governator 40

Charon_ns3
Looking for group

Post by Charon_ns3 »

Plus you don't even need to spend points in those skills--find a friendly bard, and you'll be set...if you got the cash...
Charon * [TC]
Charon * (MW)
-D- Charon *

(formerly) Midwest

midnight08_ns3
Looking for group

Post by midnight08_ns3 »

ive heard of people spending several million to craft their armor... its all a matter of preferance in if u care about looking unique or not...

Acara_ns3
Relic Raider

Post by Acara_ns3 »

I crafted a armor and a shortsword for 6.5 mil each
wen al great heros are sleeping invisibel creatures wil kill them , and so it will be =)

Razarr69_ns3
Looking for group

Post by Razarr69_ns3 »

Cool. Thanks, I was wondering if the DC of the craft would go up as the value of the item you are crafting goes up. My concern was that the uber items would be damn near uncraftable since their value would be so high. But you say, the max DC is 23? That is very do-able. And I agree with the grab a bard statement. Might have to try that tonight when I get on.

Anonymous_ns3

Post by Anonymous_ns3 »

Just an FYI - certain items are uncraftable (if that's a word). The system doesn't even recognize them as equipment. I think most of the goodies from Sabar's chests fall under this restriction, but I may be wrong.

Return to “Neversummer 3.5 General Discussion”