Cleanup scripts

This is the forum to discuss the game as a whole.
Alwynn_ns3
Looking for group

Cleanup scripts

Post by Alwynn_ns3 »

I haven't played much since the monthly updates have been happening, but I've been playing alot the past two weeks. When was a cleanup script implemented for GON Hall? That used to be a place you could mule without worrying about things disappearing. Last night I lost a bunch of stuff and I had not been logged out longer than 20 seconds. Are there any safe places to mule now?
East:
Blak Shadow
Lemi Killmeister
Mick Dagger
Kanna Wupass

cryodog2_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by cryodog2_ns3 »

half eaten goat inn. use the chests in that building.

NS 3.5 DM

Sohl_ns3
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Sohl_ns3 »

Dont you think it was time the GoN Hall got some respect?
It is a Guild House after all, not your One Stop to Transfer Gear. :P
The Chosen

Kell Of Neversummer_ns3
Wiki Editor

Post by Kell Of Neversummer_ns3 »

That's strange. None of the guards ever report any problems within our Hall.

Your servant,
Your servant,
Kell, Retired Senior Councilor of †GoN†

"We have met the enemy and he is us"

Alwynn_ns3
Looking for group

Post by Alwynn_ns3 »

I guess I've been kicked out for being non-GON. :)
East:
Blak Shadow
Lemi Killmeister
Mick Dagger
Kanna Wupass

hiro_ns3
Wheres the donation box?

Post by hiro_ns3 »

People were using the table in GoN hall to exploit the game. Nuf said there. Thus the table was decommissioned and the onlysafe place in GoN hall to transfer require a GoN key to get to.

Also, the cleanup script over all has been tuned up. I feel your pain, I lost a complete set of EC gear this way the day after the "tuneup"...

Thus, great care must be used now.

Laotzo
The difference between you and I, sir, is that when the evidence changes, so does my opinion.

Anonymous_ns3

Post by Anonymous_ns3 »

Why don't you try earning your gear? What is the fun in the game if you transfer your gear? Especially the high level stuff... pretty much any build is good once you get ns gear, so if you transfer gear all the way up [including ns gear] then I'm wondering what you're actually getting from the game. You're certainly not meeting the challenge of the mod.

DM ex Machina_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by DM ex Machina_ns3 »

Different people enjoy different play styles. It's interesting that a certain segment always considers its playstyle inherently superior.

DrakhanValane_ns3
Arrogant Snob

Post by DrakhanValane_ns3 »

Personally I've rarely played games for challenge. NWN and tabletop D&D in particular I don't give a hoot about challenge. I play these games for the social interaction.
"Some people might say love merely has a learning disorder, but no. Love is just stupid. After all, millions of angst-ridden teen poems can't possibly be wrong." -- R.K.Milholland

All Hail the Mighty Pettsson!

"So cheap and juicy!"

Charon_ns3
Looking for group

Post by Charon_ns3 »

Plus with new new stellar (Get it? Stellar! :shock:) updates, there are now even more very challenging areas, even for several 40's with the best gear in the game.

DV, you actually made a worthwhile post...you're slipping! ;)
Charon * [TC]
Charon * (MW)
-D- Charon *

(formerly) Midwest

Anonymous_ns3

Post by Anonymous_ns3 »

The developers of this mod do a great job of balancing it to the gear that is available as you level. I know this and appreciate this and that's the reason I play this mod. I'm more preaching about that than my playstyle.

Aaron315_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by Aaron315_ns3 »

Getting the gear yourself depends on the challenge YOU are after. I play to build and test charcters and for the social interaction, I'm not interested in the challenge as much. Quite often I build a character to 40 and start another meaning I rarely get a full set of NS gear. These days playing on midwest I would advise getting a full set however due to pvp aspects. I can understand people transfering EC gear due to this.
Grim Reaper [TC]

Mars: "Sometimes it means taking a stand even though you know the outcome will be bad for you."

Anonymous_ns3

Post by Anonymous_ns3 »

Midwest out of all servers I would expect people to not be transferring gear, especially EC gear. Or is it just PvP and PP that is supposed to make Midwest different? It also lacks a donation box, and that's a strong clue for all you detectives out there. I would assume that it's a commonality of servers featuring PvP that transferring gear is either forbidden or strongly discouraged. It's a deterent - people know that seeing you as challenging means nothing (high level mages excluded).

Baatazu_ns3
Noob

Post by Baatazu_ns3 »

If your looking for a real challenge go to a low power server, or maybe you should just stop being full of s#$t ;)

hiro_ns3
Wheres the donation box?

Post by hiro_ns3 »

Dude - I don't transfer gear to other players...just from a +23 to another +23...and yeah if i get a CHANCE to go to dwp to get more I will, but

1) I'm not killing my own fun, and if I do - where do you get off judging me?

2) I'm not killing anyone else's fun

and

3) I stayed within the level limits of gear even before they made it "unpickupable" if you were not the right level, so you can't even accuse me of the *victimless* crime of working out of level...

so

4) while i like your posts generally G, you are simply in other ppls business in a place where even the DM's stay out of.

Thanks for trying to force your style of play on everyone else...perhaps a little interaction with the Real World offline would give you something to be excited about besides how other ppl play their toons, on a game they paid for, on a server that you don't run...

laotzo
The difference between you and I, sir, is that when the evidence changes, so does my opinion.

Return to “Neversummer 3.5 General Discussion”