Build question

This is the forum to discuss the game as a whole.
Butane
Noob

Build question

Post by Butane »

I tried to make my own build of Ranger/Druid/Monk with the Easy Build Creator that you load in NWN as a Module. However, because I'm still new to NWN i made some mistakes and the character is weak at lvl 13 because my main stat is Wisdom and that doesn't help a ranger unless you take zen archery. I found this build on the Epic Character Guild and am wondering how well it would work on NS 3.5:

http://home.comcast.net/~worldofgreyhaw ... 39454.html

My Cleric/Druid/Monk build is going well, However I have always enjoyed the ranger class more than cleric so I am hoping to find a way to play my favorite class.

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Re: Build question

Post by Lokey »

The most important thing to know: you need 18 druid for dragon shape (bug fix).

Like I said before, it's late game, without the highest end equipment for your level, that setup is going to be painful to level.

I did druid 19/monk 1/bard 20 pretty soon after wipe, that one's fun, but I leveled that with other people too.

33 druid/monk 6/dip for gear (fighter I think) has spell casting fun.

Generally if you want spell buffs to stick, you need caster level 25 (more bugs--you'll see lots of dispel).
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Butane
Noob

Post by Butane »

bug fix? as in you are not supposed to be able to make dragon shape at 14?

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

Prior to version 1.69, Dragon shape required wild shape 5x/day, not 6x/day as stated in the in-game description, so you could take dragon shape with 14 druid levels. This was fixed in the 1.69 update. It now requires wild shape 6x/day, which you get at 18 druid levels. This breaks a lot of dragon shape builds that were designed before the 1.69 update.

That ranger dragon build is still possible, but you would have to go 21 ranger 18 druid 1 monk. You lose an epic ranger bonus feat like that, so it might cause some issues if the build is too tight on feats. It also wouldn't get dragon shape until level 39, making it tough to level.

Unfortunately that build is going to be horribly weak until dragon shape, and there isn't much you can do about it.
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Rufio wrote:Prior to version 1.69, Dragon shape required wild shape 5x/day, not 6x/day as stated in the in-game description, so you could take dragon shape with 14 druid levels. This was fixed in the 1.69 update. It now requires wild shape 6x/day, which you get at 18 druid levels. This breaks a lot of dragon shape builds that were designed before the 1.69 update.

That ranger dragon build is still possible, but you would have to go 21 ranger 18 druid 1 monk. You lose an epic ranger bonus feat like that, so it might cause some issues if the build is too tight on feats. It also wouldn't get dragon shape until level 39, making it tough to level.

Unfortunately that build is going to be horribly weak until dragon shape, and there isn't much you can do about it.
No, don't worry, nothing is weak on 3.5, lol. You don't even need discipline.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

Haha, fair enough
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Rufio wrote:Haha, fair enough
Edit: I mean for levelling, btw :). In actual end game PVM, you need to have at least 10 PM levels / 90 AC / stupid good lulzy damage for killing bosses fast, in general. DI carries most builds through regardless of actual stats :)
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Nah, you don't need ac, just DI.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Lokey wrote:Nah, you don't need ac, just DI.
Dragons that can AC tank DWP slightly disagree. I'm still bummed that you can't pull off Edodge and Dragon Shape.

Butane
Noob

Post by Butane »

Thanks for the replies- I've rerolled and went with a straight caster cleric for now. Eventually once I have some better gear for one I want to try out the ranger/druid. It's hard to level because you max wisdom and ranger doesn't rely on wisdom for damage- do you normally take Zen Archery?

Edit- Oh yeah and what is DI?

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Damage immunity + damage resistance + soak if it applies.

It's just a matter of tracking down equipment so nothing can kill you at whatever level you are. Most stuff in NS3 has stupid low ac, ab is almost never a problem, and there's plenty of things around you can equip at level 1 to take you to 40.

Here's our sad tale of when we started at server wipe (we had some general ideas where cruise control items were, but missed some doozies). Took about 25 hours to hit 40, we'll do better next time :)

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

we did horrible things to the server...and pretty much solo'd every area/boss for laughs :)
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Did one of us solo gnolls?

G1, yah, but easy to die there.

Haunted House can be annoying.

Starfell--regen on first boss is ug, didn't come up with a fast way to solo with char that can do rest.

Dwarves can be annoying solo after Tag, but it's not bad.

Everything else off EC no problem, Santa, anything else I miss?

DM Sun Tzu
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Sun Tzu »

yeah - The Exploit Avenger - haven't seen anyone kill him yet.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
DM Sun Tzu

"to subjugate the enemy's army without doing battle is the highest of excellence."

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

i have a ss somewhere of ghost and i doing 50+ black/white phoenix's all at once :)
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Return to “Neversummer 3.5 General Discussion”