New here

This is the forum to discuss the game as a whole.
Butane
Noob

New here

Post by Butane »

I'm new to NWN and i'm trying to get started with multiplayer. I was playing DDO but the game just doesn't feel like DnD to me. I haven't played PnP, however I was hooked playing great games like BG1 and ToEE on the computer. I read the review for NWN on GOG.com and it said that NWN follows the rules of DnD more closely and that's what i'm looking for. I tried going on several PW's from the DM client and they all ask for passwords. How do i get started playing on this PW? I've downloaded the CEP 2.3. Is there anything else i need to download to be able to play on this PW?

DM Sun Tzu
Dungeon Master

Re: New here

Post by DM Sun Tzu »

You do not need to download anything. Our server use just NWN 1,69 with both expansions. You just need to log in, create a toon and start playing.

Welcome to Neversummer!!!
DM Sun Tzu

"to subjugate the enemy's army without doing battle is the highest of excellence."

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

You need the critical rebuild 1.69 patch or you're going to make a mess of any server you join. We need to find a way to dump those clients probably :(
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

the DM client is for connection to servers for the staff of those servers...use the player client instead and you'll have more luck :)
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Butane
Noob

Post by Butane »

Thanks! I'm making a character.

I'm having problems with my paladin build so if someone could give me advice on my build that would be great. I'm wanting to make a Smite build paladin. I need help with stats, feat selection and such.

northstar_08
Pk Bait

Post by northstar_08 »

I am not trying to upset the people who play Neversummer 3 but is there a reason why you are playing Neversummer 3 over Neversummer 4?

Again, NS 3 veterans, this is not meant to make you upset

DM Sun Tzu
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Sun Tzu »

NS3 is non PvP(player vs Player), NS4 is PvP is the major difference.

Also NS3 is a high magic server, where in comparison NS4 is a medium magic server.
DM Sun Tzu

"to subjugate the enemy's army without doing battle is the highest of excellence."

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

northstar_08 wrote:I am not trying to upset the people who play Neversummer 3 but is there a reason why you are playing Neversummer 3 over Neversummer 4?

Again, NS 3 veterans, this is not meant to make you upset
NS3 is a little fun for a break - figuring out how to best exploit bio spells/bugs/etc. is fun :).
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

I'd recommend against a party trick build like smiting. Play something more general first.

Casting or melee cleric are pretty simple to put together and play for example. Dracobard! Arcane caster (melee arcane you probably want to get a feel for things first). A bunch of druid varieties are good, I did a druid 34/monk 6 that's lots of fun.

Boring melee that doesn't suck or die a lot...does that exist? If it does, Sun keeps it a closely guarded secret :)

Also patch your game!
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Butane
Noob

Post by Butane »

Yeah i'm on 3.5 because i'm not into PvP. Oh thanks for the advice Lokey! I found a druid/weapon master/monk build that looks like fun. Also what about a rogue/ranger/xx(pdk maybe) would that work for a first character? Rogue/Ranger was one of my favorite builds on DDO.

Patch my game? I have version 1.69 i think- what else should i have?

Well after talking to some players online what i'm going for is 21 Ranger/18druid/1monk
I'm not sure what feats would work well in the ranger levels with the shape-shifting of the druid.
Druid is a class i'm not familiar with. Any suggestions?

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

It's a very specific late-game build for people really familiar with the server. Talk to better people.

Also, patch, end of story, the GoG client has piles of problems that turn into problems for other people and will result in being banned.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Lokey wrote:It's a very specific late-game build for people really familiar with the server. Talk to better people.

Also, patch, end of story, the GoG client has piles of problems that turn into problems for other people and will result in being banned.
Would agree here - if you're unfamiliar, clerics always overpowered :).

Also perhaps silly stuff with druid and dragonshape to exploit, but wouldn't necessarily go straight to ranger - if you aren't super familiar you'll pick bad races to FE against.

NS4 has piles of PVP, but I'd say its more enjoyable PVM than 3.5 - 3.5 is gear based, NS4 is build and skill based, arguably.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Butane
Noob

Post by Butane »

Well i still don't know what patch i'm needing.......:(

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Ot ... il&id=1505

GoG game, so I guess the HoU english one. Need to know OS if you can't figure it out.

Butane
Noob

Post by Butane »

What's the difference between the hot update and the original update?

Edit-I did some research, and from what I'm reading they fixed the problem. I've been playing for 3 days with no problems.

Return to “Neversummer 3.5 General Discussion”