Neverwinter Nights @ GOG.com $9.99

This is the forum to discuss the game as a whole.
DM Belisarius
Pk Bait

Neverwinter Nights @ GOG.com $9.99

Post by DM Belisarius »

I just bought a digital copy of NWN for $9.99 at GOG.com ( Good Old Games ) for me laptop...Just thought that maybe those of us who have our original well-worn install disks or any new players might want a heads up.
DM Belisarius.

"For if I am wounded I shall say to my assailant 'If I live, I will kill you... If I die, you are forgiven'. Such is the rule of honour."

Bargeld
PKer

Re: Neverwinter Nights @ GOG.com $9.99

Post by Bargeld »

Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Billiard
Newbie Helper

Post by Billiard »

Thanks for the heads up - downloading on my laptop now as well!

Edit: Well I guess I have to wait for a multiplayer key now too . . .

DM Belisarius
Pk Bait

Post by DM Belisarius »

Bargeld thank you for the heads up....so far I have not run into any issues but I am only active on NS3/3.5 ...I guess we will see.
DM Belisarius.

"For if I am wounded I shall say to my assailant 'If I live, I will kill you... If I die, you are forgiven'. Such is the rule of honour."

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

Well that was just one instance, I am skeptical that hyk's issue doesn't lie somewhere else, since i don't know why the gog version would be any different than the cd version. I'd like to hear if there are issues from anyone else before it is declared incompatible.
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

DM Belisarius
Pk Bait

Post by DM Belisarius »

Well....looks like I win the prize for discovering the first issue. Apparently when you download the package you get a set of CD keys that allow installation...however I have been reading at GOG.com that some folks are running into "Your CD Key is still in use" errors after installing and then starting up the game to play on line. GOG.com is in the habit of being good to it's customer's and is giving customer's who bought the game from them new unique CD Keys. Just go to the GOG.com website and use the support link.

It's a shame that happened. I have been buying games from them for quite a while, and it's always been thier policy to update and upgrade game code to be compatible with the latest/greatest operating systems and video/sound cards. I guess the CD keys got missed in the updates. I hope no one else runs into this issue that bought the game from GOG.com...I will keep you posted on my progress...
DM Belisarius.

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Would someone md5 or sha the executables, dlls and contents of data folder (43 .bif files)? Would like to track down where the problems are with this release.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

DM Belisarius
Pk Bait

Post by DM Belisarius »

Good News! GOG.com responded promptly with my new unique CD key and instructions on how to implement it...
DM Belisarius.

DM Belisarius
Pk Bait

Post by DM Belisarius »

Well...here is my final report.
After receiving my new unique CD Key and installing it, I then downloaded and installed the "premium Modules installer" from my Neverwinter Nights purchase on my "shelf" from my GOG.com account. I then downloaded newest Direct X from this link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... ceb6d8fa8d and installed it ,and then finally I went to Bioware's Neverwinter Nights Critical Rebuild Patch site here http://nwn.bioware.com/support/patch_english_hotu.html and downloaded the NWN:HotU English Critical Rebuild patch from step 2. After the installation of the patch all my little glitches and bugs disappeared!
DM Belisarius.

Return to “Neversummer 3.5 General Discussion”