Re: Fang's request for suggestions in the tweaks & mod forum

This is the forum to discuss the game as a whole.
icywind1980
Noob

Post by icywind1980 »

I had a chance to run around with some folks and play from scratch - what a change! I have made some balancing changes and tweaks to the noobie areas that should make it a bit easier to get going (Sewers, Goblins, Tul'Gik's), and have changed around some of the longstanding orc and goblin shaman nuke-kills on noobs.

I'm willing to provide some new content to make Avendell a level 5-10 levelling area, as well as add a level 6-12ish elven forest area to the Old Trade Route. Any suggestions regarding low level gear rewards that would work well in either level for general lowbie or class specific gear rewards would be welcome.
Since I couldn't reply to the actual topic, I thought I'd make a new one.

I greatly appreciate the opportunity that you're giving us here! I'm always happy to see new content, especially early on so it's easier to get uber faster! Here's a few things I would like to see:

- More low level better gear. Perhaps not as strong as the under water stuff, but along those lines.
- A few more low level quests. Like maybe level 10-15.
- Perhaps an area portal in the old trade route to a place that would give you quests depending on race or class.
- The possibility to persuade or pickpocket NPC's.

thanks!
Horizon of †GoN†
Long live Neversummer

Black Panzer
Noob

Post by Black Panzer »

I can't post to the other thread either, but here are some suggestions:

A low-level generic robe (levels 5-10) without restrictions on class, alignment etc. and something like +2 to all attributes, +4ac, 5/- on all physical resists, +2 regen. Have the guy that drops it also wear it, and be somewhere a level 5 character could venture. Have him use a +1 weapon with 2d6 acid damage, 1d6 on cold, electrical, and fire. That will give someone with essence and sewer gear a good chance against him.

A low-level helm (levels 5-15) without restrictions on class, alignment etc. and with high improved saves versus mind-effecting, something like +10, as well as +2 to str, con, and dex. Just needs to drop anywhere before mind spells start being cast, so somewhere on the way to Underdark might be a good place for it.

A mid-level kama (levels 10-20), something that is good enough to kill Chaos with. For example a +5 enhancement with 2d8 slashing, 2d6 piercing, and 2d6 on 2 or 3 of the elements. Preferrably don't just upgrade the Master Li kama from the Bandit Camp, since that is a fairly well balanced fight for a first kama.

For the Elven Forest area, it would also be good to consider what gear the players could have accumulated by then, and give them weapons so that the majority of the damage is soaked and resisted. Makes getting the earlier gear more worthwhile. If they are made vulnerable to essence weapons (e.g. 100% vulnerability to cold, no cold or physical resists/immunities, damage reduction no higher than +2), that would also give a low-level area people can level in without the need to create a lot of new low-level weapons.

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Dire rats at 7 ab are a problem even for my cheeseballs :)

I want to blame building for 40 first character some. Take all the weap proficiencies compared to say weap focus or whatever (or god forbid weap spec, it's the most horrible feat there is). KD is amazingly useful early. Taunt stuff with no ranks, you never know (this works in epic sometimes). Granted I did casters. I guess I can post on what I did, because ns3 being too hard...can't see that :)
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Codax
Noob

Post by Codax »

I thought I would start a Weapon Master, and chose to go with Katana. Got to level 9 and hadn't found a single magical Katana, not even a +1 to buy. So perhaps have a look at the available mix of weapons so that a particular selection is overly disadvantaged.

I think I tried, all the vendors in Neversummer, Evenshire, Avondell and went into the mines on the way to the Druegar. Not a single Katana +1 or better (made the Druegar an issue until I remembered I was carrying around a stack of other stuff to sell :-)

Eventually some kind soul dropped a +4 in the box.

Nexus Guardian occasionally drops a katana that's good for a long time (Katana of Underworld I think).

DM Sun Tzu
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Sun Tzu »

Strange, I had 4-5 drop last night. Didn't pay any attention to then as I never use katanas.
DM Sun Tzu

"to subjugate the enemy's army without doing battle is the highest of excellence."

10sec86
Noob

Post by 10sec86 »

I think we need more dye color selection if possible.

If the rat in the EC could be changed to include a lot more dyes that would make his existence in the EC that much better to go after. We're just pretty limited on color selection right now unless i'm missing something.

He can be found somewhere else.

Return to “Neversummer 3.5 General Discussion”