Assassin/blkgrd

This is the forum to discuss the game as a whole.
Baatazu_ns3
Noob

Assassin/blkgrd

Post by Baatazu_ns3 »

I m wondring if anyone has thought of any interesting uses for the assassin and blackguard classes? They are 2 classes that I have always liked from the pnp game, but have found no real use for here in Neversummer. If anyone has thought of a good build using one of these classes, I would love to here about it.

lougha_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by lougha_ns3 »

I've also wondered the same thing. For some time, I thought there had to be a way to utilize the fact that Assasins got Great Dex as a bonus feat, but the benifit was only average since you had to take so many levels to use it. I'm sure there is a case where that could be nice, but it's not anything to wet your pants over.

I've actually used BG to my advantage once. I have an unarmed monk build (that I think ROCKS by the way IMHO with his 86 AC and AB between 58 and 62 depending on gear) that used 4 BG levels. I had four open pre-epic levels that were designated for a high BAB progression class to get me an extra point of AB. Fighter was the obvious solution, but I didn't need the feats and (being a halfling) wanted to avoid the XP penalty for the entire course of his career. So I looked into PRC's for a solution and found the best solution and lowest pre-rec's in BG! Granted, it was kind of usefull by default, but that's the best use for it I've ever found :)

duodave_ns3
Wheres the donation box?

Post by duodave_ns3 »

Yeah, I tried Assassin recently because I wanted to see if an assassin archer still got to use Death Attack. They do. But I never found Death Attack was an adequate incentive to take Assassin, although you do get to do some fancy spells to yourself like Ghostly Visage and Invis.

-d
deja
co-founder of the bloody axes of neversummer

Anonymous_ns3

Post by Anonymous_ns3 »

Assassin 27, Rogue 9, Blackguard 4 (Assassin 8, Rogue 8, Blackguard 4 pre-epic) has 20d6 sneak attack and a decent death attack DC... it's the only build I can think of where mixing Blackguard with Assassin makes sense [in ns]. AB will still be slightly low though.

Blaskor_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by Blaskor_ns3 »

Before the wipe on MW, I had made a 7 Fighter/7 WM/26 Assassin using Handaxes. With that pattern, the AB was about 62 with 4 bonus Assassin feats (+4 Dex for +2 AC/AB). I also did dual wield. Handaxes don't crit as much as other dex weapons, but when they do...OUCH.
Blaskor

Return to “Neversummer 3.5 General Discussion”