Question re: crit immune mobs

This is the forum to discuss the game as a whole.
brash99_ns3
Noob

Post by brash99_ns3 »

Thanks for the very detailed build plan. I decided to go for something different although I might try that one next (I prefer melee oriented builds, to caster hybrids).

Maybe you can tell me if it looks workable, I worked it out on the dojo server and it is 14 fighter/7 WM/19 rogue with Epic Dodge and Self Conceal 4, halfling with kukris. I know a high crit kukri build may have trouble with crit/sneak resist and damage reduction mobs, and that Self Conceal can also be gotten free from all the numerous items with Improved Invis, but I like the idea of having it there without worrying about it dropping midfight or being dispelled. It did ok against G2 on the Dojo (just slow to kill, but not damaged easily). I probably didn't pick the gear that gave the highest AB/AC as some was chosen for immunitis etc, but the final numbers with the gear I picked out of the armory was 60ab/83ac with shield (50/93 with imp exp), or 58/74 dual weilding. Is epic dodge and self conceal worth giving up extra points in AB/AB on these servers?

Acara_ns3
Relic Raider

Post by Acara_ns3 »

definatly, i like 14 fighter, 7 wm, 19 SD instead, since it gets defensive roll at 5th level and imp evasion at 10th, makes it easier to get epic dodge and self conceal V in my opinion
wen al great heros are sleeping invisibel creatures wil kill them , and so it will be =)

brash99_ns3
Noob

Post by brash99_ns3 »

I am addicted to UMD :p

Anonymous_ns3

Post by Anonymous_ns3 »

Epic Dodge is great against a single tough opponent... effectively you get an extra 5 AC and they lose an attack per round... against mobs it is less effective. A monk weaponmaster with epic dodge I also have got to 40 recently and is very good... I did 10 Monk 5 SD 25 WM, using 2 kamas... decent damage output... though I have gone off epic dodge personally... though I did find that it made my dwarven defender that extra bit useful...

Return to “Neversummer 3.5 General Discussion”