Sept 2016 - Time to retire NS3.5?

Official announcements from the Developers and DMs.
Pros
Spamalot

Sept 2016 - Time to retire NS3.5?

Post by Pros »

Activity has been pretty low the past few months. NS3 to NS3.5 has been about 16 years in the running. I'll leave it running for a little while longer in case some are taking a break. Comments?
Pros
Gzemnid - God of Trickery
Pelor - God of Sun, the shining one

DM Sun Tzu
Dungeon Master

Re: Sept 2016 - Time to retire NS3.5?

Post by DM Sun Tzu »

Last 10-12 times I logged on it was empty or 1 person. I only log in about once a week, if that often - been a nice long run.
DM Sun Tzu

"to subjugate the enemy's army without doing battle is the highest of excellence."

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

There's usually a few people that stop by in the fall and bring friends?

Can always install linux on the server (I know persistence is linux compatible) and use the nwnx modules to do things like up stat bonuses to 50 or ab increases to the sky and other silly things.

Other than that willing to host ns4? I forgot who's credit card is on the line once our reward $ from Digital Ocean runs out. That's just see what hardware is, consider small purchases (like a $50 SSD drive), install a linux flavor (type y 3 times and the comp name you use because you already have a port or two tunneled to use, we can do the rest remotely).
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

DM Sun Tzu
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Sun Tzu »

Not many in the fall, but around Christmas we often have old friends return.
DM Sun Tzu

"to subjugate the enemy's army without doing battle is the highest of excellence."

Billiard
Newbie Helper

Post by Billiard »

Holidays are here - time to reload NWN and play!

It gets harder and harder each year to get it to run on newer machines its seems.

Return to “NS3.5 News and Announcements”