The future of Neversummer 3.5

Information about fixes, tweaks and updates to NS3.5.
Dr_Fangorn_ns3
Site Admin

The future of Neversummer 3.5

Post by Dr_Fangorn_ns3 »

Hi folks. As you all may know (unless you're head is firmly stuck under a rock), we're expecting the release of Neverwinter Nights 2 in the fall. The NS 3.5 and 4 development teams have had their heads together for months and are gearing up for bringing a new Neversummer experience to NWN 2.

So what does that mean for NS 3.5? Well, we don't expect NS 5 to be up and running for a while after NWN 2 is released, so the servers will continue on as they currently are. There's a lot that Pros and I weren't able to get to that we really wish we had time to rework (druids, animal companions & familiars, for a few), but the time has come to slow down the frenetic work we've done on NS 3.5 for the past year.

Thus, there may be some game balance changes made in the coming weeks to cement the mod changes that we've made, but probably not a lot of huge changes anymore. I'm sure folks will agree that NS 3.5 still has that uber toon flavor that we all love deep down inside, and we've worked hard to ensure that the level 1 player with no gear has a good shot at making it to level 40 in a more smooth progression. We'll be making some final tweaks to a few areas here and there, the odd change to some gear to bring things in line with other gear, and fix any other problems that may need fixing. We've been happy with how smooth running the server has been, and we hope you are too.
------------
DM Fang
Server Op, NS 3.5 North
Developer, NS 3.5

Aeol_ns3
Noob

Post by Aeol_ns3 »

Um....qouting previous post....

"we don't expect NS 5 to be up and running for a while after NWN 2 is released, so the servers will continue on as they currently are."

Does this mean our beloved NS 3.5 will be wiped out in lieu of the newer version of the game when it comes out?
Paladins - Lawful Good and Violent about it!

- Aeol -

mikkel_ns3
Noob

Post by mikkel_ns3 »

BTW the new toolkit for NWN2 looks very interesting. Im sure you guys will be able to do some amazing things with it.

Good work!
Monkos!

Dr_Fangorn_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Dr_Fangorn_ns3 »

Aeol wrote:Does this mean our beloved NS 3.5 will be wiped out in lieu of the newer version of the game when it comes out?

Hardly! NS 3.5 and 4 will both continue to run. We can't predict how easy getting a new NS up and running will be, and thus can't predict how many of our stalwart 3.5 and 4 players will move up to NS 5. But the servers will continue to run as they are.
------------
DM Fang
Server Op, NS 3.5 North
Developer, NS 3.5

hiro_ns3
Wheres the donation box?

Post by hiro_ns3 »

*wipes sweat off forehead*

Thank gods....having been thru the wait for NS4...(never, ever, ever tell me something will be done "soon" - I'll tear up and cry...those of you who went thru the wait with me understand...) I simply don't want to lose our lovely server/network that DD and all the devs worked so long and hard to set up.

I was truly disappointed in NS4, no slam to the devs. Just not my style of play .. . nonetheless, I'll not hold my breath for NS5.

I bet it rocks. I also bet it will take longer and cost more by a significant percentage than any one thinks or guesses.

hiro

- Bless the Dev team and our own particular gods, pros and fangy...-

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The difference between you and I, sir, is that when the evidence changes, so does my opinion.

Yeti_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by Yeti_ns3 »

by "runing the way they are" do you mean they will not be transferred into NwN2 "format" or that you will not upgrade to the new NwN2 graphics and play styles and stay with the original NwN or just not anychanges to make the export easier?
"What was once rebellion is now clearly just a social sect But are you just upset because your own social clique has left Leave when you want because I know that someday I will too But I wont burn my bridges and be just another jaded fool"

Dr_Fangorn_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Dr_Fangorn_ns3 »

There are no plans to port NS 3.5 over to NWN 2.
------------
DM Fang
Server Op, NS 3.5 North
Developer, NS 3.5

mikkel_ns3
Noob

Post by mikkel_ns3 »

As far as I know, it is impossible to transfer content from NWN to NWN2, eg NS, as the NWN2 toolkit is completely different from the NWN toolkit.
Monkos!

Hex-kalibur_ns3
Looking for group

Post by Hex-kalibur_ns3 »

Question..

U guys will do servers like for example ns5 east, north, MW etc etc ???

and u guys thinking on put some familiar stuff of ns3.5 to ns5 ?

and what type of server it is ???? ns4 style or 3.5 ???? i hope for 3.5... :)
*Google is our Friend !!!

Dr_Fangorn_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Dr_Fangorn_ns3 »

No idea, Hex. We don't have a copy of the game, and the toolset is in alpha testing. We'll let you know when we do.
------------
DM Fang
Server Op, NS 3.5 North
Developer, NS 3.5

Pros_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Pros_ns3 »

I'm thinking it will be its own thing and a bit different than both NS3.5 and NS4. It will also incorporate many things from both. We're still putting the pieces together for this project.

Hex-kalibur_ns3
Looking for group

Good luck then and u can count with my support =) fisicaly or spiritual xD

kyllroy_ns3
Looking for group

Resistance is futile

Post by kyllroy_ns3 »

Hey , I have been around for quite a while and love what you guys have provided. The steps out on a limb for NS4 were bold and made a lot of people happy.
Keeping updates flowing off the worktable for 3.5 and the team of DMs to keep it running smoothly---awesome.

Now my point... Every day gamers are going to be moving over to NWN2 and you guys working full time (inbetween your real jobs and lives), on NS5 seems counterproductive to me.

Ok I have only had the game a week but the addiction is overwhealming and believe it or not, they are fixing the bugs very fast. Once they do, there will be no stopping the exodus.

Wish list for Christmas? NwN2 /Neversummer Version 1.0 :idea:
Kyllroy/Perenod of Reseda/Perole Thurfinger/Perhopper Fu/Perier Lennon/[BA]Peragon Ironsmith
Moderates at http://gamesource.groups.yahoo.com/grou ... hts-Crazy/

Hex-kalibur_ns3
Looking for group

hehe i just got my nwn 2 original version.. and damm i need a new computer :( :( :( :(

Fehrles_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by Fehrles_ns3 »

If, by chance, you needed the 3.5 servers for NS5 :( what would the odds be of . . . say . . . . . making 3.5 available to individuals as a product? I tend to keep my games til the hardware no longer supports it and am probably not the only one. Shoot, I still have my Sega Genesis with CD, right next to the PS2, AND play it, luv the Phanstasy Star series.:D

This would be an awesome addition to any collection of RPGs even just as a "Fun Run" kind of module. Really don't like those 'micromanaging' servers where you have to eat and gather supplies to craft basic gear yourself.

Anyway, just a seed I thought I'd plant. Maybe it can't be run on anything but a server for all I know, Had to ask at least.

Thank you for your time,

Return to “Tweaks and mod updates”