Staff of Melencia sequencer is buggy

Information about fixes, tweaks and updates to NS3.5.
kingubu_ns3
Noob

Staff of Melencia sequencer is buggy

Post by kingubu_ns3 »

So far the only spells I've been able to store are polymorph, shapechange, and black blade of disaster. I don't know if this behavior is intentional or not.

Also normal sequencers can been cleared unlimited times a day. 1/day clearing gets annoying when you're trying to test stuff.

Also if you try to put one of the 3 spells that work after a spell that should work but doesn't it breaks the staff too. In other words, it wont cast anything.

For instance, try to cast summon IX on the staff gives no message. But then the staff wont work until you clear it and start over.

Also Energy Barrier works, but Improved Invisibility doesn't [more testing]

DM Xero_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by DM Xero_ns3 »

If I can tranq out just one freak on stilts, I know I've done my job. - Chief Wiggum

kingubu_ns3
Noob

Post by kingubu_ns3 »

Yeah, that's the thing. It doesn't work at all like the standard sequencer robes, even though the other thread says it does.

I've spent a lot of time playing with sequencer robes, a character of mine on another server has like 10 of them in different colors and styles for different occasions.

Hey! I just had a thought. I think the bug is with UMD and scrolls. The staff script is getting hung up when I use a scroll on the staff that I couldn't use except for UMD.

For example, I'm a Bard and the Shapeshift/Polymorph spells work because they are bard/wiz/sorc restricted but the Mantle spells dont because they are wiz/sorc restricted.

I'll test some more and see if this is the case.

Edit: Nope. That's not it. Some spells just plain dont work. Lesser and greater spell mantle dont work. Plain spell mantle does. Go figure. No pattern to what doesn't work and why that I can see.

Edit2: Argh! It's making me crazy. Now regular spell mantle doesn't work, it generates a message "failed: object is not a valid target for this spell". Greater and lesser mantle still fail silently with no message.

kingubu_ns3
Noob

Post by kingubu_ns3 »

After more testing, I've given up on the staff. It's behavior is too bizzare to be useful.

In addition to working, failing with a proper message "cant use offensive spells", failing silently, and failing with strange message "object is not a valid target". Now I've found a case where casting elemental shield on the staff instead acts as if I cast it on myself. And casting Gate (without PoE up) on the staff just kills me, but puting up PoE it just fails silently again.

And it sometimes changes behaviors for the same spell.

Return to “Tweaks and mod updates”