Updating

Information about fixes, tweaks and updates to NS3.5.
Brianagfn_ns3
Pk Bait

Updating

Post by Brianagfn_ns3 »

Is anyone having a problem connecting to the updater? For that matter, even connecting to the main bioware page?

Raptus_ns3
Noob

Post by Raptus_ns3 »

It appears to be down. Website too. :cry:
"Gee Bob, whats that goat doing way up here?"

Brianagfn_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by Brianagfn_ns3 »

Well at least I know Duncan and I aren't the only ones lol

DM Clang_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by DM Clang_ns3 »

I think its everyone that was late updating, the servers are running thin too... : (
"She's too skinny lad! What you need is a good dwarven woman... with a beard you CAN HANG ON TOO! AHAHAH! "

Brianagfn_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by Brianagfn_ns3 »

I tried to update last night, and it was giving me errors and telling me to get the update offline, but that only crashed my entire system to the point that I had to reinstall NWN

Razarr69_ns3
Looking for group

Post by Razarr69_ns3 »

They worked for me sometime last night. Luckily I had a good book to read while I waited for the download to finish (dialup). It did fail once though, got to 85% and failed.

Restarted it and it was finished by the time I woke up this morning though. Got on to NS after that though so all appears well. :D

Raptus_ns3
Noob

Post by Raptus_ns3 »

Yea I got corrupted patching...tried the crti rebuild...game wouldnt launch...have reinstalled twice...cant get multi player to work..have done the basics...dropped firewall, checked the dedicated connection box....nothing helps..install was nwngold with hou on top. even tried stoping after nwn gold..no joy...just an instant gamespy disconneted..direct conect doesnt work either.....I know I being stupid...any ideas? BTW all other internet apps and games work. ty :shock:
"Gee Bob, whats that goat doing way up here?"

Brianagfn_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by Brianagfn_ns3 »

I have Diamond and it doesn't work either. I think Bioware/gamespy is having issues today

(just tried again, after installing King maker... for some reason now it appears *knock on wood* to be working... hopefully it won't crash on me most of the way through it!

Brianagfn_ns3
Pk Bait

Website update

Post by Brianagfn_ns3 »

http://nwn.bioware.com/support/patch_en ... .html#crit

Here, I finally found it online... it's the update file that you can dl directly to be able to download it. I think the major problem is that they're being over run by people trying to update such a large file...

~CN~ETH0S_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by ~CN~ETH0S_ns3 »

I have the Platinum and the Diamond editions. The automatic updater would not work. However, if you have gone into the file structure and messed with anything it could upset your online update.

I had multiple add-ons including a graphics package that I had horsed into my file structure, and i am suspicicious that this is what prevented the online update to work. I had to download a 'Critical Rebuild' program, that is available which rebuilds the entire file structure (to a degree) of your NWN. You will have to go back in and add your stuff (mods or graphics packages) but this seems to be the only way for it to work.

In addition, make sure you install the new tilesets as well BEFORE you add graphics packages etc. I'm not sure what happens with Kingmaker, but thats the way it works for Diamond and Plat's.
AKA:
ETH0S
(CN)Kahlah Bloodstar
[CN]Kahlah Whitestar
~CN~ L0G0S

Brianagfn_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by Brianagfn_ns3 »

That's all fine and dandy, but there's one problem. I don't have anything else installed into my nwn... well until recently when I broke down and got a character builder/tester mod.

Return to “Tweaks and mod updates”