Naugrim

Information about fixes, tweaks and updates to NS3.5.
Dr_Fangorn_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Dr_Fangorn_ns3 »

Actually, it should now...the mod was mildly tweaked a week after Naugrim's quest was added, to accurately reflect what you need from him. Read what he wants carefully. If you don't have all the items, his conversation script should list everything you need correctly now if you seek his advice.

--trip--_ns3
Wheres the donation box?

Post by --trip--_ns3 »

But I noticed no Guantlets

Yes, shifters have enough going for them, so no biggie, they just use the kama, but there are a few fist-a-cuff "melee" monks who miss out. Just an observation.

But your forgeting the monk gaunts from Xi Fu..

Dr_Fangorn_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Dr_Fangorn_ns3 »

DRAGONSTONE. STONE. This is a HUNK OF METAL that you are given to fashion into a MELEE WEAPON. There are no monk gaunts for the same reason there is no ranged weaponry. I designed the quest that way.

Forge_ns3
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Forge_ns3 »

Brass knuckles??

Sorry.. couldn't resist :D :D :D
-Forge [TC]

DM PHANTASM_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by DM PHANTASM_ns3 »

*waves at forge* ... is forge wondering why i a waving???? Fangy is about to smite you! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue. Realize the strength, move on.

“Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them with all your soul. When you go to work, work your @@@ off. When you hate someone, hate them until it hurts.”

Anonymous_ns3

Post by Anonymous_ns3 »

I got a dragonstone scimitar, I wasn't really that impressed with it. It's not all that much greater than a triton against a dragon, the diff is only slightly more damage and the +10 enhance, as well as the slay that will never work on the harder dragon bosses. Does the scythe have like way more damagers than a one handed weapon? I agree on nerfing the finesse weapons alot, but this STR weapon I use isn't all that much greater than the weapon I already had. The dragonstone quest does take a bit of time to complete, and there is alot of running around. Can someone post the dragonstone scythe stats so I can compare it to my scimitar?

Charon_ns3
Looking for group

Post by Charon_ns3 »

When compared to my Triton scythe, the Dragonstone scythe has the following improvements vs Dragons:

+2 to AB (doesn't work for me though since my AB is a little funny as I am a Cleric)
A cumulative 4d4 extra damage
+20 Divine damage
Slay Dragon DC-24 (but this will never work on the bosses, as was already stated)

Against G1, it worked out to about 100 extra damage or so on a critical, 20 or so on a normal hit. Still on the fence as to whether or not it was worth it, but my opinion has been skewed somewhat since I saw no increase to AB--I am most likely a unique case, however.

I will say that the +10 enhancement bonus should get through any soak a dragon may have, which should mean an extra <insert number here> damage against those whose soak you weren't already bypassing. For G1, I did not see any difference other than the extra damage already there on the weapon. I have yet to test it on Exalted.

*edit* Try not to take it so personally Fang. That folks get so worked up about it just goes to show you that it's an awesome mod since they care so much about it. *edit*
Last edited by Okie Christ on Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Charon * [TC]
Charon * (MW)
-D- Charon *

(formerly) Midwest

Dr_Fangorn_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Dr_Fangorn_ns3 »

My gawd, what do you some of you want, an uberweapon that will smite anything in one hit? Where's the fun in that?

Tritons' maximum extra damage ~168

Base Dragonstones' maximum extra damage ~154
Weapon size (tiny, small, medium, large) scales up the extra damage for:
Divine: 10/12/15/20 Extra damage PER HIT versus dragons
Magical: 2d6/2d8/2d10/2d12 Extra damage PER HIT versus dragons

If you actually sat back and looked at the weapon you'd appreciate how balanced it is. It is NOT meant to be better than a Triton versus every other creature. It is intended to give you an edge versus dragons of any kind. The DC 24 Slay Dragon is quite nice versus run of the mill dragons. The +10 AB bonus versus dragons is unheard of for any NS weapon (except the Bulletproof gauntlets). And take a look at the damage: a tiny Dragonstone will do a theoretical maximum damage of (154 + 10 Divine + 12 magical) = 176, a large Dragonstone will do theoretical maximum damage of (154 + 20 Divine + 2d12 Magical) = 198. Score a critical hit, and the damage increase over a triton with a large weapon is phenomenal. These weapons do exactly what they're designed to do: give an edge in combat to-hit and in damage against any of the dragons in the mod.

This is the most information I've given out about ANY of the modifications made to the mod in the past 6 months. If you actually think about the weapon and take the time to sample a variety of the weaponry, you'd appreciate the incremental bonuses that the weapon is supposed to provide. Next time, please try logging into the forums before giving your criticisms.

DM FORSAKEN_ns3
Looking for group

Post by DM FORSAKEN_ns3 »

ok, so i tried out a couple of these weapons in the early stages of their existance.

they rock.

i did build a toon specifically for testing the wpns, str build, ftr wm i believe, got to gtr str VIII, impr pwr attack. tried waraxe and dbl bladed sword. the improvements were nuts against kutty and ice worm both. i kinda have a thing for dragons anyway, but im definately planning out a str based toon now just for this quest to go around smacking some dragons with insane dmg on that dbl swrd once you have everything maxed out. i think i was pushing 1k per attack on the dbl bladed sword when i would crit- 9xx

it's just good tv
The night... has an appetite.

Lorkar_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by Lorkar_ns3 »

I still dont see how people can complain about a product that they get for free and (and from what I see) has great support. Any of those people ought to try another mod for even a day, then they will appreciate this mod a little more I think. Personally, I want to thank all of the participants that made this mod what it is. My girlfriend however would like to roast most of you on a spit for the time I spend on it(mostly kidding, I believe I am the primary candidate for the BBQ). But hey...I can get another girlfriend, I can't get another NS.
Never underestimate the power of idiots in large groups.

hiro_ns3
Wheres the donation box?

Post by hiro_ns3 »

so true so true. and my GF never had updates or bug fixes.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

hiro
The difference between you and I, sir, is that when the evidence changes, so does my opinion.

duodave_ns3
Wheres the donation box?

Post by duodave_ns3 »

The dragonstone quest is the all time best quest ever! I love it! It incorporates so many levels of the game and is better than the hermit quest. I love that certain elements are best done in a group, too. Thank you Fangy!

-d
deja
co-founder of the bloody axes of neversummer

Rocco_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by Rocco_ns3 »

--trip-- wrote:But I noticed no Guantlets

Yes, shifters have enough going for them, so no biggie, they just use the kama, but there are a few fist-a-cuff "melee" monks who miss out. Just an observation.

But your forgeting the monk gaunts from Xi Fu..

I think you were trying to qoute me there. Actually, I have a pair of the Xi Fu and I love them. As I said, I was just making an observation. If ya read the following post, it said that I liked the changes based on weapon size :)

And yes Fang, I did notice the increase based on size, as I have done the quest for the kama, kukri, scimitar and the Scythe. I agree they are remarkably balanced, so I hope you weren't going nuts on me and more on "guest."

I like this quest more than the Hermit Druid one. Something about that one that really blows. You have to do a lot of running around for both, but it "seems" like you have to do a lot more running around for the hermit druid quest. Maybe cause most of the dragons you have to kill are in one general area, and who doesn't love smiting dragons :)

Question: Is the Exhaulted ruler considered a dragon, and Undead or both?
"You there, fetch me that jewel from that gem encrusted skull," - Robillard to his half-ogre henchman
"Duh, okay," - last words of Grogg, Son of Grogg, as he reached for the Demi-Liches skull.

Return to “Tweaks and mod updates”