What is included in the new update please?

Information about fixes, tweaks and updates to NS3.5.
Rocco_ns3
Newbie Helper

What is included in the new update please?

Post by Rocco_ns3 »

(Mar 2006)
1. New area added in Falme, Buccaneer's Den.
2. Some minor tweaks to some items for balancing issues.
3. A few adjustments to some of the more recent areas from previous additions.
4. Goop should drop now as 2 or 3 at a time. Makes sense right?

Item 2 states that some items have tweaks for balancing issues. Care to expand on what items please?

Always happy to search high and low for new items to have fun with but it would be nice to know which items you are refering too, please. 8)
"You there, fetch me that jewel from that gem encrusted skull," - Robillard to his half-ogre henchman
"Duh, okay," - last words of Grogg, Son of Grogg, as he reached for the Demi-Liches skull.

Dr_Fangorn_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Dr_Fangorn_ns3 »

Nope, we don't care to. ;)

Seriously, what happens is little changes on the fly if an item is found to be lacking in something, and they get added to the update. If it is an earthshattering change, for instance, readjusting all the triton weaponry damage, you'll know about it. But if an item like a whip doesn't have the disarm (whip) feat on it, we fix it and reinsert it into the mod. Those sorts of fixes are not kept on a list somewhere, they are just fixed as they are found.

Gruesome Wolf_ns3
Noob

Post by Gruesome Wolf_ns3 »

thankyou on the goop... Sort of. depressing that I read about it here...

I was tanking for some young toons to EC and when we got to flayers, 3 of them announced they needed goop.

Standing around in lost heroes is the least fun thing I know in all of neversummer. So, when 3 dropped, I thought, "God is real and he loves me!"

Turns out it was just a module tweak...

But I still appreciate it for future runs.
Cheers,
Gruesome

Wong Fei Wall - Druid-5/Shifter-17/Monk-18
Fervent Earache - Bard-23/RDD-10/WM-7
Void - W-38/ SD-2
Sherman Abram - F-7/WM-7/DD-26
Samaratin Goodwill - C-39/R-1
Pierce Sternum - F-14/WM-7/SD-19

Rocco_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by Rocco_ns3 »

Dr_Fangorn wrote:Nope, we don't care to. ;)

Seriously, what happens is little changes on the fly if an item is found to be lacking in something, and they get added to the update. If it is an earthshattering change, for instance, readjusting all the triton weaponry damage, you'll know about it. But if an item like a whip doesn't have the disarm (whip) feat on it, we fix it and reinsert it into the mod. Those sorts of fixes are not kept on a list somewhere, they are just fixed as they are found.

Alright, that is fine. I could understand not wanting to make a master list every time something is tweeked. I was mainly wondering if the Cleric triton staff or the Sycthe was updated in any way.

I suppose it won't kill me to do a goop run 8)
"You there, fetch me that jewel from that gem encrusted skull," - Robillard to his half-ogre henchman
"Duh, okay," - last words of Grogg, Son of Grogg, as he reached for the Demi-Liches skull.

Jerick Kronos_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by Jerick Kronos_ns3 »

I wonder... how long would a master list of tweaks be?
This is the path I walk.

Rocco_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by Rocco_ns3 »

FYI, Starfall was amoung the tweaks. IMO it is a lot harder, the final boss that is. It is harder to lure the creatures away from the boss to kill them before you deal with the main boss.

Dr_Fangorn_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Dr_Fangorn_ns3 »

Aw, you're spoiling my surprises. ;)

Rocco_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by Rocco_ns3 »

Dr_Fangorn wrote:Aw, you're spoiling my surprises. ;)

Well, your, "surprise," started out with me and one other going down to do a simple starfall run to get the gama pass (and should the chance 1 in 30 gauntlet drop fall, great) around 4:00pm. Four complete deaths with one of us respawning and running all the way back, and 3 hours later, we finally called in the big guns and banded with 3 others to clean house. 8)

A simple Gama pass run turned into a 4.5 hour quest. :P

Nice "surprise." :twisted: :P

Rocco_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by Rocco_ns3 »

On the flip side, it was totally funny watching the gama leader and at least 6 commandos running together as one. A giant ball of claws and legs coming at you and I think my mouse skipped a beat. :P

DM Xero_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by DM Xero_ns3 »

Hah, that reminds me of when epic spells got buffed on east.

I wandered in to visit the keeper with my mage, and the next thing I knew I was flat on my back from a surprisingly powerful greter ruin. So a friend offers to help out and come res me, and he was dead just as quick.

A simple trip to the keeper wound up getting about a half dozen people killed before we realized we better find someone with decent hp :shock:
If I can tranq out just one freak on stilts, I know I've done my job. - Chief Wiggum

Pros_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Pros_ns3 »

Some of the items can be doors, chests, transitions, quest bugs, etc...not even a weapon or armor necessarily.

Gruesome Wolf_ns3
Noob

Post by Gruesome Wolf_ns3 »

It may be coincidence, but the thing I had noticed over the weekend before knowing there were updates, are that the server has crashed or been a lot laggier than I ever remember. On east anyway. I am playing at new times of the day though, so its hard for me to draw a direct apples to apples comparison.
Cheers,
Gruesome

Wong Fei Wall - Druid-5/Shifter-17/Monk-18
Fervent Earache - Bard-23/RDD-10/WM-7
Void - W-38/ SD-2
Sherman Abram - F-7/WM-7/DD-26
Samaratin Goodwill - C-39/R-1
Pierce Sternum - F-14/WM-7/SD-19

BrookAM_ns3
Noob

Post by BrookAM_ns3 »

Didn't get to see much, but I really like Buccaneers den. Keep up the great work, and additions.

Finished it today....very nice addition. One of the passwords didn't seem to work though? Don't know if that was intentional or if it was buggy?

Rocco_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by Rocco_ns3 »

Hey Fang, nice new area in what was once a secret area behind a 125 DC door. Very cool. (I won't blow all of his surprises in the update :wink: )

Just an FYI, did you know that you can have the coin man lured out of the room with a fight outside the door and then brought into a certain red winged man's room. Granted, he can't die, and he won't hit worth nothing, but he is very good at taking some of the heat off of you while you slay the aforementioned red winged man. :twisted:

I don't think that was your intention, and granted, it is not easy to do, but perhaps you should go into that NPCs character file and change his, what is it called, perspective or range or sight, to close or low. I forget what it is caled, but you can alter what they react to by distance.

Anyway, just thought you might like to know. :wink:

Rocco_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by Rocco_ns3 »

BrookAM wrote:Didn't get to see much, but I really like Buccaneers den. Keep up the great work, and additions.

Finished it today....very nice addition. One of the passwords didn't seem to work though? Don't know if that was intentional or if it was buggy?

Oh, I wanted to Ditto this. Very nice job on the Den. I loved the passwords the most. Very cool that you had to say them.

Any chance of sharing that script? 8)

Return to “Tweaks and mod updates”