Shifter tweaks

Information about fixes, tweaks and updates to NS3.5.
Forge_ns3
Wheres the donation box?

Shifter tweaks

Post by Forge_ns3 »

I noticed that the latest update includes "minor changes for some shifters". Any chance we could get some more info on this? I understand that you want to be vague on quest changes, but I don't see any harm in explicitly stating the changes to game mechanics. I'm trying to figure out if I need to rebuild to take advantage of new form tweaks or not.

Thanks!

Pros_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Pros_ns3 »

The shifter tweaks are ongoing. Right now the dragons have gotten some attention and we had to remove some of the other critters that were tweaked as the game started crashing more. Not sure if its coincidental but the game started crashing more so we removed many and restarted the process again slowly. So, not more than that to report at the moment.

Forge_ns3
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Forge_ns3 »

So, does the current build available on midwest contain a new and improved dragon form? If so, what is it that is new and improved? New gear merges, higher DC on breath???

Pros_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Pros_ns3 »

item merges.

Blaskor_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by Blaskor_ns3 »

Does this only apply to the Shifter Dragon Form? Is the Druid Dragon Form going to stay as is?
Blaskor

midnight08_ns3
Looking for group

Post by midnight08_ns3 »

yea, would be nice to see some druid shift adjustments... the elemental forms are horrid... even worse than the animal forms...

DM Xero_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by DM Xero_ns3 »

Blaskor wrote:Does this only apply to the Shifter Dragon Form? Is the Druid Dragon Form going to stay as is?

It's the same form whether you obtain it through druid or shifter levels.
If I can tranq out just one freak on stilts, I know I've done my job. - Chief Wiggum

Blaskor_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by Blaskor_ns3 »

Hmm...if MW was updated...and the dragon form is live (as opposed to the other tweaks still being tested)...then Houston, we have a small problem with the druid dragon form...
Blaskor

Pros_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Pros_ns3 »

There also is an override 2da file that I sent out a day later so that may not be in yet.

Ice_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Ice_ns3 »

West has the update FYI.

reggemS_ns3
Noob

Post by reggemS_ns3 »

anyone else notice AC oddities while shifted or is it just me/north?

ie: golem with lower AC than kobold?

Forge_ns3
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Forge_ns3 »

AFAIK, golem has always had lower AC than kobold, all other things being equal.

Blaskor_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by Blaskor_ns3 »

Forge wrote:AFAIK, golem has always had lower AC than kobold, all other things being equal.

Which makes total sense since Golem gets a STR boost and Kobold gets a Dex boost.
Blaskor

Nefzen_ns3
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Nefzen_ns3 »

Just played with my shifter/druid/monk for the first time in a while and noticed how much better the dragon form has become. Whereas it sucked and was pretty mucha a waste of time, points and levels, now it is pretty uber. My AC was boosted by at least 10 if not 15 pts to well over a 100. I also noticed that dragons have a problem with archways and tight tunnels, which is both cool and annoying at the same time.

Keep up the good work,
Nef
Just about all of my toons are named * Nefzen.

Forge_ns3
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Forge_ns3 »

Which server is this on Nef?

Devs, are the shifter updates now present on all servers? At last check, I don't think MidWest has them.

Return to “Tweaks and mod updates”