Casters losing spells after crashing

Information about fixes, tweaks and updates to NS3.5.
Jaeson Hawke_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by Jaeson Hawke_ns3 »

funny thing happend to me yesterday after I started a cleric character. When I would log back in, I didn't have my spells ready as intended, but my metaspells were still memorized in full. Even after the reset.

My mage this never was the case, though occasionally I would find my Hellball ready to go (I think Epic spells should be known on login, but probably too complicated to script). All the spells would have been spent on login.

As odd as it seems, my cleric still had his metaspells memorized and could be used right after login... odd.
Wolfe
MidWest Server

Anonymous_ns3

Post by Anonymous_ns3 »

I had the same thing with my Cleric... his quickened heals are still there. I'm not sure how to trigger the exploit though - it seemed to me that the meta spells were not fully recharged (i.e. I had 4 out of 6 before the crash and still only 4 when relogging). So maybe meta spells were never able to be exploited?

Epic Spells are actually feats, and are kept track of the same way as other feats with uses-per-day (e.g. Quivering Palm) - the spells should ideally be handled the same way - the game already stores which spells you have learnt, so it would have been just another 16 bytes or so total to store if they had been cast already. Too late now though, since Bioware doesn't support persistant worlds and ns is exactly that.

TGPO_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by TGPO_ns3 »

Its not an exploit per se, if you notice those spells that arent discharged when you come back from crashing or logging a cleric are from the clerics domain spells. Its another of the long list of bioware induced engine problems.
The Great and Powerful Oz
Do not attribute to Evil what stupidity can adequatly explain

Return to “Tweaks and mod updates”