Champions Challenge

Information about fixes, tweaks and updates to NS3.5.
MadBovine_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by MadBovine_ns3 »

They aren't dropped 100% of the time
Sexy Bovine, Nimble Bovine, Unstable Bovine, Ouch Bovine, Master Bovine, .:Bovine:. ... Ok almost any char name with Bovine in it is me.

lougha_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by lougha_ns3 »

some seem to be more like 10% of the time. I felt like I had killed that jailor at least 20 times (likely just 5, but still :lol: )

Another recent observation... on one of the many trips to the jailor, I decided to drop in on the Hermit for a follow-up, visit. he dropped his object and I held on to it, thinking that was one less time I'd have to do it in the future. However, on a followup trip to jailor (in hunt for nice armor), I found that his item is lored. having them lored makes sense to keep horders like me honest, but I was just curious why they are not all the same?

Dr_Fangorn_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Dr_Fangorn_ns3 »

They will be. A few recommendations have been made in regards to this quest and have been forwarded to Pros. There will be tweaks such as all the items lored, and adjustments of the drop rates, with the next server update.

Pros_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Pros_ns3 »

Right, actually they are in on East at the moment. So drop rates should be more frequent but not 100%. One or two of the items are actually 100% and the rest are not.

Bob_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by Bob_ns3 »

On East, the drop rate on the items is much better (or I was either very unlucky before OR very lucky this time :)). The bard is showing up much more frequently, so unless you want to make either stage harder, it looks pretty good.

Melee character inside - 64ab, 82ac, strength + specialization damage 11, using Tritons. With the first 3 mob types, wasn't able to do any physical damage with either a piercing or a slashing weapon (didn't have a bludgeon weapon to try) - all damage done was from bonus damage types. Was able to connect fairly reliably but, for instance, I went against the very first mob for maybe 20 minutes & he ended up at Undamaged before I moved on.

Similar story in the next area, except with heal potions or spells added in.

Noticed I was making saves vs a number of the weapon-using mobs, but at DC 26 I don't think it really makes much difference. Stunning fist, thundering/terrifying rage, & some of the other things they modified in the last patch might be another route as the DCs can be boosted a lot higher, high enough to make it past median character saves.

Crit immune is the big impediment for melee soloing the area.

Going to try the whole thing again with a caster - guessing it'll be a lot easier that way.
The Brotherhood of Bob

WHO IS POINTY HAT?

Pointy hat make fire.
Pointy hat make fire boom.

TIP! Is pointy hat your friend? No?
Kill him first.

Dr_Fangorn_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Dr_Fangorn_ns3 »

Try going with 2 or 3 other people. There are 3 or 4 tokens that drop for the reward item, and it'll take you 10 minutes. ;)

Return to “Tweaks and mod updates”