Champions Challenge

Information about fixes, tweaks and updates to NS3.5.
jwiwchar_ns3
Newbie Helper

Champions Challenge

Post by jwiwchar_ns3 »

I think the bard is getting killed before people are able to talk to her. When I ran in there today, she was already at badly wounded by the time I got there, and I think I was very lucky she survived to chat with me.

As for the tower, I went in with my monk/sd (56 ab / 86 ac / epic dodge), and I found that there was very little in there that I could actually hit. I managed to kill 2 things, a caster that looked to be wielding a dual-sword / dire mace / something like that, and a manticore. I almost killed the skeleton cleric, but his regen was nuts. I'd get him to near death, miss a couple punches, and the next thing I knew he'd be back to uninjured. Everything else in there I couldn't get past uninjured.

Anyway, that was my experience. It's definitely not the kind of thing a moderate-ab character can handle.
"we sit in a limbo where the decent man has a variety of things to vote against, but nothing to vote for"
- Hunter S. Thompson

Wildman42_ns3
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Wildman42_ns3 »

Where is this place again?

Pros_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Pros_ns3 »

OK, it didn't get a whole lot of testing to tweak it to where it needs to be. Thanks for the feedback on the bard, I'll have to do something about its faction or something. Also, there is an item in the end that is still being worked on (script was not working on last test) but not to worry it will and it won't affect whether you have it now or later.

Just a note, its probably a good idea to bring friends in with you.

The challenge is also subject to some minor adjustments based on how feedback comes back from how the process works.

jwiwchar_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by jwiwchar_ns3 »

Ahh - I wasn't sure if it was meant to be a solo effort or a group thing. If you want to go in as a group, do you need to get tickets for everyone, or will one do the trick?
"we sit in a limbo where the decent man has a variety of things to vote against, but nothing to vote for"
- Hunter S. Thompson

Pros_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Pros_ns3 »

Exactly....not sure yet but as it stands you need a ticket to get in. At the end, only one can get the item...so more thought is needed.
Originally it was supposed to be solo but I had some issues to get over that had no real good answers like:
How much time before I let the next solo toon in?
What is the respawn time in each area?
Should I force the toon into the next room when each room is cleared?
What do I do if the toon stops along the route and is afk for a while, now here comes the next toon.

Perhaps I can make this time dependent, a set time is needed or you get ported out.....hmm thanks for giving me some more ideas.

Blaskor_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by Blaskor_ns3 »

is it possible to have a trans point check the next area to see if it is empty, and if it isn't, not allow a trans...this way, you could have people going in all the time, just always 1 room from each other at minimum. You'd have to make it so that if they log in a room, they are pushed back to start thou so they don't group up...darn tricky PCs.
Blaskor

Pros_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Pros_ns3 »

Until I can get more time to work on revamping this challenge, it will remain as is for now. The boss will drop more than one item so that others in the group can redeem as well. It will be a random drop on whether it is 2, 3 or 4 items. I will focus on tweaking the critters in these areas versus the solo gig routine. Of course, you can only pick up one of these items :wink:

Hard Aers_ns3
Noob

Post by Hard Aers_ns3 »

The bard is still getting killed extremely fast. Perhaps one option instead of worrying over the factions is to give her an ungodly number of hitpoints? That way she lives long enough to tell her tale. :)

Anonymous_ns3

Post by Anonymous_ns3 »

your prolly didn't any thing cause 56 ab is crap :)

Bob_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by Bob_ns3 »

Alternate solutions for the bard - make her a standard invulnerable NPC, or make her res-able.

However she ends up, she needs to persist in the area. I understand that even if she's kept alive, she spawns out after a few minutes & doesn't seem to come back.
The Brotherhood of Bob

WHO IS POINTY HAT?

Pointy hat make fire.
Pointy hat make fire boom.

TIP! Is pointy hat your friend? No?
Kill him first.

Pros_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Pros_ns3 »

She comes back but her schedule is unpredictable 8)

I'll work on the neutral thing, thought by setting to friendly to all it would work especially since it seem to work after I spawned pirates all around her in test mod and they ignored her. I'll check it out again.

Bob_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by Bob_ns3 »

Pros wrote:She comes back but her schedule is unpredictable 8)

Just like a woman!!!!

(Come on, you know someone had to say it :))
The Brotherhood of Bob

WHO IS POINTY HAT?

Pointy hat make fire.
Pointy hat make fire boom.

TIP! Is pointy hat your friend? No?
Kill him first.

MadBovine_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by MadBovine_ns3 »

Instead of friendly to all, make her neutral to all (50)

Otherwise the first time a fight is going on her "faction" is going to become hated to one group or the other, most likely towards the enemies since she will try and help out the PC under attack from the monster. If she is neutral she shouldn't give a damn as long as she isn't attacked herself.
Sexy Bovine, Nimble Bovine, Unstable Bovine, Ouch Bovine, Master Bovine, .:Bovine:. ... Ok almost any char name with Bovine in it is me.

jwiwchar_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by jwiwchar_ns3 »

Got through the quest today - and I must say, kudos on the perfect reward. It's completely unneccesary, but at the same time it's very much worth all the work. Good job Pros :D
- Hunter S. Thompson

Nefzen_ns3
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Nefzen_ns3 »

I was wondering if the bosses with the items for the ticket quest were always supposed to drop those items. I've killed the tidal lord and the dorf jailor and the items haven't dropped. Just wondering.

Nef
Just about all of my toons are named * Nefzen.

Return to “Tweaks and mod updates”