Community Content Projects

For general role-playing or tales and stories of your NS5 characters. In-character only!
Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Community Content Projects

Post by Flailer »

Thought I'd open up this forum for the NS3 and NS4 players.

One of the many ways you could help us (in addition to donations, ideas, coffee, offers to help in making items, etc) is we need backstory content for NS5.

This content will go in books and parchments you'll find in libraries, homes, or on the inhabitants in Aetheria. Or on tombstones, inscribed on ruins, etc.

Neversummer 5 is set 500 years in the future from the current NS4 timeline and as such, these stories are some of the only connections the current inhabitants have with their past.

So, if you have any ideas on what we could use for content, please post them here! Content should probably be limited to about 1-3 paragraphs and could be about faction interactions, famous citizens of Aetheria (self-aggrandizement will lessen your odds of getting it included :) ), famous events, odes to the Gods, tales of battles, etc - either written from a historical or a first person perspective. Creativity encouraged.

If the submissions are good enough, you might just open a chest in NS5 someday and find a tale recorded by a long lost ancestor... :wink:

Oh, and if you'd prefer to PM them to me, that's fine too.
Flailer
NS Developer

None of us is as dumb as all of us.

Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Re: Community Content Projects

Post by Flailer »

And your silence is why I don't feel so bad when I say NS5 will be ready when it's done... :D
Flailer
NS Developer

Blystos Re
PKer

Post by Blystos Re »

Well, if you want me to post random drivel, I can. It sounded like you wanted something good, so I was going to take my time with it. :P
frogofpeace wrote:And we like to think of the FoN guildhall as cozy - perfect for cuddling up in our snuggies with a hot toddy after a long day of smiting.

Wolfarus
Newbie Helper

Post by Wolfarus »

Well, its a bit hard to come up with backstory's and such when we dont know exactly what the new world will be like, or what kind of connections it'll have with Ns4.

Are we in the same world and such, just 500 years past the factional wars? Is it an entirely new world, but allot of the people from the NS4 world somehow migrated to this new place thru a series of portals? (maybe the factional wars ending up devestating the the NS4 world, so the survivors made a desperate bid for survival)

Are we making little historical footnotes regarding our highest level characters in regards to the role they played in history, from the viewpoint of ns5? ect ect ect.

Some rough guidellines would prob help people get some idea's to ya :P

Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Flailer »

Well, some background is in this thread: http://www.nsrealm.com/public/ns/viewto ... &t=1000064
Admittedly, not much - but the Aetheria in the age of NS5 looks very different than in NS4, mostly due to the past calamity that occurred because of the factional relic wars. In fact, the world is very much torn apart - quite literally...

However, since the content I'm looking for is more historical in nature, really not much knowledge is needed about NS5. The kind of content that would be helpful is short pieces - maybe 200 words or so - that tell some of the history of NS4. Some content about individuals and guilds is okay I guess if it's done well, but even better is about the world of Aetheria back then: its factions, its lands, its cities, its important NPCs. Entries could be told from 1st person journal excerpts, historical accounts, letters, tombstones, markings on ruins - anything that an archeologist might uncover 500 years in the future about the timeframe that NS4 is set in.
Flailer
NS Developer

Ajantis.
Spamalot

Post by Ajantis. »

I think what your looking for is in the Bearded Bard II
Temet Nosce

We follow the righteous path, the path of Helm.

cely
PKer

Post by cely »

I'm not saying I did and I'm not saying I didn't, but I *may* have already integrated some of the high quality stories from the Bearded Bard II into NS5.

/me whistles innocently...
cely
NS4 Server Admin
NS5 Developer (retired)

Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Flailer »

Which may have amounted to about 3. Or maybe it didn't...

Regardless - more! :)
Flailer
NS Developer

Blystos Re
PKer

Post by Blystos Re »

Return to “The Bearded Bard III”