question about multi classing

Talk about Neversummer 5 with your fellow players.
Monster
Noob

question about multi classing

Post by Monster »

A few questions..

Firstly, are you planning a level cap at 30, or 40?

Secondly, in NWN2 we are allowed to take 4 seperate classes, contrary to the 3 in NWN1. I love this, cause it really allows you to get down and dirty comprehensive with your own custom builds. So are you sticking with 4 or are you gonna instate a different limit in this module?

Thirdly, as far as multi classing, are there going to be restrictions on builds in a specific sequence. I can understand if you did not want people to take paladin and assassin classes or whatever just so they can use a G1 great sword etc etc. Are you able to give any details about any restrictions pertaining to taking multiple classes/prestige classes?

Finally, other than warlock, are you planning to alter any of the other classes/prestige classes or are any of them on the chopping block entirely?

cely
PKer

Re: question about multi classing

Post by cely »

The level cap will be 30 or lower until the next nwn2 expansion comes out. NWN2's cap is 20, MOTB raises it to 30, next expansion will likely raise it to something else and so on. All of the other questions you brought up are still in the discussion phase, but you can be sure that there will be restrictions put in place to prevent the extra cheesy builds.
cely
NS4 Server Admin
NS5 Developer (retired)

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

nerf it....NERF IT!!!!!!!111!!!1!!!!!1!1111
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Seifer
Noob

Post by Seifer »

Any extra bonuses for pure classes? Pure Bard all the way!!!
Seifer The White Cloak
Moo

Celorn
Relic Raider

Post by Celorn »

Gah.. I love bards in ns4, but with nwn2 they seem a lot more complicated... I guess I will learn more as I play it more.

Yay Monk/Duelist/Sorc/PM!!!! ;]

I would also like to know more specifics on this, so I can start planning out some builds -- there are SO many bloody classes now it's really confusing. (The one I'm playing in the OC is a Monk/Ranger/SD/Duelist) Hopefully NS5 can allow for 2 PRCs? just not 3 PRCs... 3 is too many heh.
ImageImage

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

berserker is the new power build....100+ crits with a non enchanted weapon at lvl 20. i've seen it ;)
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Gonna have to hold off on builds.

For me, I don't see much that can be done with what's in the box: a build without 5 levels of Frenzied Berserker is frankly gimped. My druthers say significant changes all around (add a bunch of things, delete a bunch of things, nerf what's left).

However, the grapple wizard build would be possible with the new stuff we can do...
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

woot...as long as we grapple wizard..thats all that matters ;)
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com

Celorn
Relic Raider

Post by Celorn »

hmm..

Well I'm wanting to work on some other build ideas, since the berzerker will likely be nerfed because the server will be clogged with clones, but do you guys know yet if there will be a # of PRC limits? Currently you can take 1 class and 3 PRCs, so going from NS4 you'll probably cut down to 2 PRCs? Possibly 1 PRC and only allow 2 if the other is a faction one? I'd love to know that for sure now so I can start planning.

I'm just shocked by the sheer number of PRCs in NWN2, and the next expansion may add a few more?!? totally insane...
ImageImage

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

There's lots and lots of PrCs. I look down the list and have to ask myself what do they add that you can't without them... Red Wizard/Arcane Scholar do some neat things but are implemented with a lot of engine stuff that we can't do much with (and have crash bugs...it's something like having a spell in your quickbar without the normal meta-magic level adjustment that blows up the server--ack).

Berserker is weird. Depends on the DM if you want to play them PnP--by the book, you're going to be a headache for the party to say the least. But that stuff isn't in NWN2 out of the box, and doing by the book frenzy stuff would be headaches for us (faction/rep stuff is really touchy for example). Besides, you don't press the kill self button (frenzy) anyway, you take 5 levels for the power attack feats, and curse when you realize Supreme Cleave isn't bugged in your favor (if you miss the first cleave, you don't get extras and that kills a great cleave too) ;)

It doesn't matter that much since we can hak. We can do some things more easily than in NWN1, we can do things that couldn't be done directly in NWN1. So I'd like to say, what are your PrC, feat, skill, spell, generic action suggestions, but it's tough to tell what we'd consider doable/desirable yet (even for us).

I suppose my question would be which PrCs (NWN2 stock or PnP) add something unique or let you do something you couldn't otherwise. Which PrCs are more like NWN1 shadowdancer--you get something cool and the rest is just garbage. Because we can do things like add HiPS or some other ability to any character, doing things like making them selectable on levelup in general or to a specific class bonus feat list or quest reward (well we can in NWN1 also thanks to Dragonsong's LETO, but it's cleaner in NWN2 since we don't have to boot you off the server to do it).

I'm a bit leery of spellcasting PrCs at the moment. Unconvinced that they're bug and headache free yet. Polymorph is as much a headache as it was for us NWN1. The spell selection and implementations...well the more things change...
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Blystos Re
PKer

Post by Blystos Re »

Easy on SD there, Lokey! That's the only way an NC toon can get Defensive Roll! :(

kyllroy
Noob

Post by kyllroy »

Please don't mess with or nerf the Warlock. It is a slow climb, but around level 20, depending on the difficulty of the mobs you are planning, they are a fun class to play or have in a group.

Fatzo
Newbie Helper

Post by Fatzo »

Amoenotep wrote:nerf it....NERF IT!!!!!!!111!!!1!!!!!1!1111
you forgot the !111111!1!1!1!!!1 + the oneoeneoneoeneoeneone and the eleventyone ! (to pay respect to bilbo baggins) ; tho ye could stop about there... the exessive omgroflcopterswtfpwnzorzl33tcaeslmaonadebbq! is only reserved for rare , excessive occasions :)

but anyways ---

how did is miss this thred ! it shows how little i know about nwn2 as of now ... except that the Screenshots from the ns5 so far look completly amazing :) i guess i am easily pleased :lol:

hmmmm how long will it take before clerics get completly owned again ?

placing a 1 million gold bet on --- lets say 2 months , 4 days 3 hours , 34 minutes , 28 seconds :lol:
Lokey wrote:There's lots and lots of PrCs. I look down the list and have to ask myself what do they add that you can't without them... Red Wizard/Arcane Scholar do some neat things but are implemented with a lot of engine stuff that we can't do much with (and have crash bugs...it's something like having a spell in your quickbar without the normal meta-magic level adjustment that blows up the server--ack). <<< (pwned!)

mmm more prc's than nwn1 ? yess ! hmmmm , *pulls up the official nwn2 page*
Fatzo - Self-Proclaimed Supreme Glutton of TLB since February, 2006 !
Fatzo - lvl 40 ; Augustus - lvl 40 - NS4 Main

Fatzo - lvl 70 WoW - Lightninghoof
Fatzo - lvl 33 LOTRO - Brandywine
Praise Bonosus ! God of Cupcakes !
oOooOOo SPAM !

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

kyllroy wrote:Please don't mess with or nerf the Warlock. It is a slow climb, but around level 20, depending on the difficulty of the mobs you are planning, they are a fun class to play or have in a group.
It came pre-nerfed. The class' saving grace in PnP turned into like +2 UMD checks from duplicate any spell needed for crafting.

I didn't mind playing one in the OC, but that's the OC. Please post what you like about them and what you find their strengths to be.

kyllroy
Noob

Post by kyllroy »

Ok, their strengths seem to be similar to a fighter class, that does not lose a bit of effect from fatigue or wounds except the channeled energies are more colorful. Just because the spells needn't be memorized in some restful state of hypnosis shouldn't be reason to count them out of the game. They are limited in the types of spells so their usefulness on a long quest would be also limited. Hags have many immunities to their blasts as well as the bosses, making their value questionable. PVP might just be a problem if the opposite side comes unprepared. I just like the handy ranged combat when the mobs are respawning at an alarming rate and a sorcerer or wiz would need to rest.
Lokey wrote:
kyllroy wrote:Please don't mess with or nerf the Warlock. It is a slow climb, but around level 20, depending on the difficulty of the mobs you are planning, they are a fun class to play or have in a group.
It came pre-nerfed. The class' saving grace in PnP turned into like +2 UMD checks from duplicate any spell needed for crafting.

I didn't mind playing one in the OC, but that's the OC. Please post what you like about them and what you find their strengths to be.

Return to “NS5 General Discussion”