Not-so-new-anymore Player Guide?

General Discussion for the General Population
GreenEq

Not-so-new-anymore Player Guide?

Post by GreenEq »

We have the new player guide, but what about some resources for a player who's spent some time in Aetheria but isn't a hardcore veteran?

I have a level 35 toon (pure pally) that feels totally plateaued. Mobs are either weak garbage or crazy OP -- I can't seem to find any way to progress on my own any longer. And maybe that's the way the game is designed, that anything higher level requires party play -- which I totally enjoy when I find it, but maybe only 20% of play sessions do I manage to find anyone to link up with. When I group up, I feel like my character is a valuable contributor -- good dps output and tanking ability -- but solo I struggle with any sort of CR30+ mob.

I know part of my difficulty is that I'm terribly undergeared -- despite being level 35, most of my gear is probably level 20 or 25 tops. This loops back to my previous statement though -- I can explore the world and kill mobs that drop low level gear, or try to venture into difficult areas and get beatdown in short order.

So what's the key? I feel like there's a group of regulars who thoroughly know the NS4 meta, where particular loot drops, where to level, how to min/max, but for someone like myself -- who hasn't been around a while, who isn't a guild member -- the wiki only goes so far. I suppose I'm really looking for advice on how to find level-appropriate gear, where to find interesting dungeons & bosses, and how to do more high-level adventuring.

Thanks!

Bargeld
Site Admin

Re: Not-so-new-anymore Player Guide?

Post by Bargeld »

Did you visit the purists guild in avendell to get all the good pure pally stuff?

Otherwise, people tend to grind solo in dorf home or earth plane (or other planes if it suits your race/class better).
Dorfs can crit kinda hard so not the safest, but need slash and bludge shield & armor there. Earth is bludge armor with a pierce shield for the crossbow things (or vice versa).

Both areas have easy and hard opponents and depending on how difficult it is for you, you can always run around and cherry pick the easy stuff.

Oh, and feel free to shout your level & lfg lfp (looking for group/party).