Returning player

General Discussion for the General Population
will-o-wisp

Returning player

Post by will-o-wisp »

Wow can't believe neversummer is still around! Has been years that I played here. Still have the old nwn keys somewhere, but do I need them? Or do I just buy the new NWN enhanced edition?
Do know if I have enough time but will definitely spend some time here again.

Bargeld
Site Admin

Re: Returning player

Post by Bargeld »

NS4 has been moved to the new NWN:EE. Population is pretty steady between 10-20, depending on time of day.

Also come join the discord channels using the links at the top of the forum home page.

D13

Post by D13 »

been away for 10ish years =P
been checking every few months to see if neversummer was on EE yet

are ::DD:: still a thing?

Bargeld
Site Admin

Post by Bargeld »

Not anymore... I was the last active one and when we moved to EE, I gave up the guild activity to help on the dev side.
IO and a new guild DoA are in SL now.

D13

Post by D13 »

So was the EE a reset or did people get their accounts moved over?

Bargeld
Site Admin

Post by Bargeld »

Server wipe, everyone started new with nothing.

Twice actually... We ran as "beta" for a couple months and then fully launched "officially". We wiped then because there were a lot of wonky toons and stuff had been given out and other stuff.

So everyone was on equal starting ground as of about 6 months ago. New players aren't that far behind!

Wiped out all the guilds too and set a 3 toon @ lvl 40 requirement to reoopen guilhall or start a new guild. Took a few months but now every faction is full with 2 guilds, except MA (with 1) and RK with 0. But I think there are now some rk tagged toons recently that might be shooting for a guild hall.

D13

Post by D13 »

Are +2 and +4 books still a thing?

What is a decent AB & AC nowadays (looks like a lot of AC nerfs on the wiki since I last played)

Bargeld
Site Admin

Post by Bargeld »

New player guide!

https://ns4ee.com/new

Celorn

Post by Celorn »

Wow.. I just discovered that NS4 finally came to NWN:EE.. which I've actually had since it's release.. (How did I miss this? I suppose I stopped looking a while back). Today I tried to pop onto nsrealm.com just to see what has been happening and the site is broken, but I saw "NS4 Enhanced Edition" and immediately fired up the ee to check!

I was hoping that the next iteration of NWN would consolidate the factions a bit and fix some of the map transition inconsistencies but I'm sure porting it over was quite a pain.

My guild is dead tho it seems so need to decide what I'm gonna do, I will miss my cool guild hall. Are there any other tLB people that would want to start it back up? Otherwise I will have to choose from what is (re)established...hmm

frogofpeace

Post by frogofpeace »

I don't know about tLB, but there are some RR/HNs still holding out on the old server who don't want to rebuild their toons and vaults of swag. Go see if you can convince them to come here, we miss them!