Sub classes and builds

General Discussion for the General Population
DaveDanger

Sub classes and builds

Post by DaveDanger »

Hey there,

Got my first char to 10, enjoying it so far, thanks for all the hard work you’ve put in to this! Will jump on discord when I get a new mic, my 3 year old gave my last one to the dog ><

Anyway,

I hear people talking about sub classes like genasi etc, how do I choose them? Is it in an expansion I need to get or something?

Wanted to make a holy warrior build, but with no perm haste gear that rules out everything except 25 cleric (25 makes it a lot harder to dispel with the EE dispel mechanics now right?) + something

I was going to do 25cleric 5 Paladin 10 cot for more saves or should I got 15 cot for extra feat, and divine wrath bonus?

Or are there other really good holy warriors / warrior priest type builds I’m missing?

Vegitto24

Re: Sub classes and builds

Post by Vegitto24 »

I have a newbie question of my own. I have been leveling up my paladin to level 11 and somehow got to Avendell by myself (not a easy feat from my perspective). Is it better to put points into charisma to take advantage of divine feats or is it wiser to go for the overwhelming criticals? I am at the cross road here and I could go either way. I don't think I can do both path though. Thoughts? Advices? Opinions?

Bargeld
Site Admin

Post by Bargeld »

Overwhelming crit has a str requirement, so not only will you get the extra crit stuff, but str adds base damage to every hit,as oppsed to a feat you have to keep activating with a duration.

The major difference is physical vs divine (unresistable).

Aside from damage, div shield is dodge ac, which has a cap of 20. So aiming for say 16 chr mod div shield ac will cap you with boots over +4 and make all other dodge ac useless as well (like haste).

Most people aim for between 10-14 chr mod (with endgame gear and buffs). Unless you are going all out str based divine smiter, trying to stack as much damage as possible and also trying to use chr for other stuff as well.

Vegitto24

Post by Vegitto24 »

I am level 13 paladin right now. I suppose I could start putting points into strength. Thank you for your insights.

frogofpeace

Post by frogofpeace »

Dexer pure pali also works well - weapon finesse and dex at least 25 for blinding speed, and try to get cha mod to +10 just to make DM/DS not have to reapply quite so often - double duration for both of those make these feats very nice indeed.

Holy Sword is modified for pure paladin as well - take a look at the wiki if you haven't already: https://ns4ee.com/wiki/index.php/Paladin