New Player saying hi!

General Discussion for the General Population
DaveDanger

New Player saying hi!

Post by DaveDanger »

Hey all

Just logged in for the first time last night had a look around and it's the first server I've found in a few weeks of searching that actually excites me.

I've read around the guides etc, just a few questions please!

Starting off and very new to PvP (it's what brought me here!)

1. Was going to try a 25 bard 5 fighter 10 RDD build but with the haste mechanics on spells it seems it would be quite gimped for bards? Should I just got 16 bard 14 fighter 10 rdd instead and be more melee based?

2. Am i on the wrong track and should I scrap both of those and go with another build 4 paladin 26 cleric 10 CoT instead with the quicken spell feats?

Just want to build something that has a reasonable chance of survival and won't be destroyed easily by everyone. Any other hints tips or advice more experienced players can offer would be appreciated!!

Sadly with wife and kids etc I can only play for a few hours each evening (New Zealand time) but am looking forward to playing tonight and kicking into things.

Cheers all!

Bargeld
Site Admin

Re: New Player saying hi!

Post by Bargeld »

Welcome, glad you are excited!

For the bard rdd, haste isn't really gimped, you just have to be aware of duration and recast appropriately. Bard isnt really a caster class, it's more for buffing (self and party) and debuffing (curse), with some fancy flair spells like slow and dirge that have limited usefulness.

Since dispelling in pvp is common, the more caster levels the better. Also for duration purposes. So the 25 bard is worth trying.

The cot pally, just adjust for minimum 5 pally class levels. Worth trying as well.

Also our discord channel has a lot more activity than forums, so join and see if you get more responses there! (Link on the forum main page).

Vegitto24

Post by Vegitto24 »

Hi all!!!

After more than 10 years of absence, I have returned. I don't have a toon yet but I plan on going full paladin so Norhern Coalition will be the faction of choice. Looking forward to seeing you guys out there hopefully tonight. We will see.

P.S I made an error of making a toon for the old pre enhanced edition server that is for reason online still. Maybe someone should direct new players who wish to join to advice to buy the enhanced edition of the game?

DaveDanger

Post by DaveDanger »

Heya!

Do the full Paladin builds work very well? How do you cope with no haste? Running everywhere slowly would drive be mad + it would suck in pvp with everyone faster than you?

Vegitto24

Post by Vegitto24 »

It's been more than 10 years since I played on this server. From the looks of it, things have changed a lot. According to Wiki, pure builds are being rewarded with stronger abilities. I.e Paladins can use divine might and divine shield longer than normal. I am not sure how this will work out. I am willing to experiment with a pure pally and go from there. I will probably end up with several more toons to fit my needs.