Divine Might/Shield and Extend Spell feat

General Discussion for the General Population
Blystos Re

Divine Might/Shield and Extend Spell feat

Post by Blystos Re »

I seem to recall that the duration of Divine Might and Divine Shield were doubled by taking the Extend Spell feat.

This was one of those undocumented features that never made it into the wiki...I think. It's been like... A decade.

Can anyone confirm if that is still the case? If so, can I vote to keep this undocumented combo out of the nerf list permanently? :D

Bargeld
Site Admin

Re: Divine Might/Shield and Extend Spell feat

Post by Bargeld »

It's been documented for a while now:

https://ns4ee.com/wiki/index.php/Cleric

This will probably never change.

To take it a step further, bg also gets it when they invest deeply (like 20th bg lvl or something).

Blystos Re

Post by Blystos Re »

Hmm... I see Divine Power/Divine Favor listed there, but Might & Shield are not. Searching the old forums, though, turns up a few whispers of this effect on those powers.

That and my belief that I made a CoT with that combo - and it worked - are enough to make me want to hang my hat on that memory and toss those feats in a build.

I'll be happy to update the wiki if I can prove it. ;)

Bargeld
Site Admin

Post by Bargeld »

Ok, my bad on this one. I kinda remember it being a thing as well, but just researched it and...

it is not.

You are correct on the cleric link I posted, I was just seeing divine blah and divine blah and read what I wanted to see, incorrectly.

Duration x2 on might and shield is only for pure pally and bg 20+. No extend feat necessary.

CoT WRATH gets x2 duration with extend spell, so maybe that's where our bad memory stems from.

frogofpeace

Post by frogofpeace »

Yes, it’s wrath that gets duration doubled by extend spell. CoT got double effect DM/DS at one time, but that was pared back long ago, and it wasn’t duration. Pure paladin and L20 BG get double duration, though.

howdy, Blystos! Welcome back!